Houllier - Stay or Go

pacbuddies

Should Houllier be our manager or not?  

1. 1. Should Houllier be our manager or not?

• He should go now
    • He should go at the end of the season
    • He should stay and be our manager next season

Aston Villa doesn't need Houllier, let's get that straight. This man has disrespected this club continuously, add in his inept management where we can't even defend corners.

Expectations have sunk so low now that most now think that only Houllier can actually get this team to play possesion based football...... It's pretty sad really...

You don't mean that.

?

That seems to be the only defense for Houlliers pretty shambolic regime i hear from most - ie- we play decent football in patches . Forgive me if i think good football and results are not polar opposites and think theres plenty of managers who would not have us stilll talking of "staying up" in **** MArch with this squad and alienating himself with awful interviews and routinely shooting themselves in the foot

Interviews are meaningless. Food for thought, yes. Would you consider your posts 100% informative in your your CV?

If you want top4 finish, you shouldn't be so negative about good football. Without good football there will NEVER be top4 finish,

And if you want Champions League football, good Premier League football isn't enough.

We need good football. And we are improving ... err IMO.

Thanks for contradicting yourself in the same post.

You say "interviews are meaningless" which is the same as saying "what Houllier says about the team/performances is irrelevant" and yet, further down, you say "you shouldn't be so negative about good football."

Right, so our manager being negative in interviews has no effect on anyone? But you are on here lecturing people about negativity? :lol: You really couldn't make it up!

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are saying, at all.

For me what ever GH has said has not been negative, it has been realistic. And what ever GH has said in interviews it has been said to the media. And probably more or less unprepared because you don't know the questions before hand (although the questions will always be the same). Interviews ARE meaningless. You clearly believe everything that is said or written (for instance in The Sun)? Literally?

There is always the result and the performance. You just watch the games and see it for yourself. If we play badly then you can blame the manager AND the players. And if you want GH out and you want GH out and the only thing you want is GH out then so be it, it makes no difference what I say.

Results are the most important thing, I agree with you there. But if that's the only thing you're looking at then we ... we disagree.

Good football wins football matches, sport is about winning, this isn't dancing on ice.

Thanks for that, I never knew that.

Glad to be so informative to you. I do like to help

The point being we cannot be playing "good football" because we aren't winning often enough.

Good football wins football matches, sport is about winning, this isn't dancing on ice.

If you've watched football for any length of time you'll know thats not always the case. May I refer you to Rotterdam 82 for example

I was talking about our last two games to be honest where we've created chances galore and should of won both games, well we won one, not the other.

I imagine when we have few more centre back's yet, if we keep up this level of attacking threat then we will win more matches than we lose.

I don't actually CARE how we PLAY at the moment I CARE that we STAY UP!

Under O'Neill, some folks actually said they didnt care about the result they just wanted excitement and some good football

It seems to me people actually don't know what they want. Except they always want what they haven't got at any particular time!

:confused:

er..my job isn't posting on forums about football related ....my CV? posts? what?

Houlliers job is football management - - interviews are part of his job . So dnno what you are on about ?

i said good football and results are NOT polar opposites.

So....dnno where you are coming from tbh

.Houllier done a good job this far?

No

My point is, you take interviews too seriously. They mean nothing. They are just entertainment. Part of the media deal. You should know that.

About this polar opposites:

Probably lost in translation there. zzzzbbbbbuuuuuh I'm not english and I'm not English. And after this I'm probably on the black list (if not already?) I'mmmm ... **** it rant continues

Houllier done a good job this far? - Depends. What his job is this season (?).

Please, there really is no need for the quotathon, just quote the relevant post, no-one wants to read the same post again and again, it's especially irritating for people browsing on phones and other small devices ta - Bicks

If you've watched football for any length of time you'll know thats not always the case. May I refer you to Rotterdam 82 for example

That was good football, we won.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are saying, at all.

For me what ever GH has said has not been negative, it has been realistic. And what ever GH has said in interviews it has been said to the media. And probably more or less unprepared because you don't know the questions before hand (although the questions will always be the same). Interviews ARE meaningless. You clearly believe everything that is said or written (for instance in The Sun)? Literally?

There is always the result and the performance. You just watch the games and see it for yourself. If we play badly then you can blame the manager AND the players. And if you want GH out and you want GH out and the only thing you want is GH out then so be it, it makes no difference what I say.

Results are the most important thing, I agree with you there. But if that's the only thing you're looking at then we ... we disagree.

If you don't think GH has been negative in interviews then you are quite frankly living in cloud cuckoo land and there is no point even talking to you. I will, however, pose two very simple questions to you:

- If that is the case then why did Aston Villa's PR department try to cover the comments up?

- Why would there have been such a backlash from Villa fans which has seen every notable media outlet pick-up on it, including the BBC and their Match of the Day programme, leading to a poll on here in which roughly 50 per cent of posters want him gone with immediate effect?

Denial is a terrible thing.

See red ink two posts up - quotathons not needed - ta

My point is, you take interviews too seriously. They mean nothing. They are just entertainment. Part of the media deal. You should know that.

About this polar opposites:

Probably lost in translation there. zzzzbbbbbuuuuuh I'm not english and I'm not English. And after this I'm probably on the black list (if not already?) I'mmmm ... **** it rant continues

Houllier done a good job this far? - Depends. What his job is this season (?).

Hmmm...interviews usually give you a reflection of the person talking and their ideas on the job they are doing . If a manager is talking jibberish in an interview - its not exactly encouraging .

We've conceeded 6 goals in the last two games

League obviously. Considering original question is about staying up.

No its not, its about Houllier staying or going.

No, to Denis B post about going down, I said, if we play like we have recently, we will be fine. Talking about the league.

No, to Denis B post about going down, I said, if we play like we have recently, we will be fine. Talking about the league.

Oh so the cup game at the COMS must have been in the distant past, my mistake.

Oh so the cup game at the COMS must have been in the distant past, my mistake.

When talking about chances of staying up in the LEAGUE, I thought it's obvious that you talk about league form and not a cup game where we were missing 5 of our best performers.