Houllier - Stay or Go

pacbuddies

Should Houllier be our manager or not?  

1. 1. Should Houllier be our manager or not?

• He should go now
    • He should go at the end of the season
    • He should stay and be our manager next season

Stay for me- that was not a performance of a team that is doomed.

How many other teams could cope with 3 main central defenders out?

I still believe we are making progress on the pitch, a bit of luck wouldn't go amiss

This for me.

We played very well and with a bit of luck and competent refereeing the game would have been over before that.

Going forward we look good and are scoring at a decent rate since the arrival of Bent. Unfortunately we were terrible at the back, but there's not much he could have done with only 4 fit defenders.

The same MON who went their last year and won 1-0. The same defence who have played shit under this manager this year. But we're supposed to believe it'll get better. At 2-1 we should not be losing 3-2 with 15mins to go no matter what the defence. All I ever hear from Houllier is excuses.

You can't compare it like that - what I asked was do you think MON would have taken a team like the one yesterday to Bolton and win?

Up until this week, I was always gonna give GH a pass. But surrendering against Man City, and telling the press that you think your senior squad is not good enough, well.....that just about seals it for me. He's been a P.R. nightmare from Day 1, his tactics have been baffling, and his team selection has been too. If Villa really want to progress, we need a younger, hungrier manager, not a crazy old uncle in a puffy coat. I'm sick of this sh*t, and the sooner Lerner and them figure it out, the better.

imo his heart is not in it, i wish he would piss off now.

what have we to look forward to in the summer? again our best two players leaving (young and downing), and signings like bradley because we can't afford the wages of top players.

i don't remember feeling this low as a villa supporter even when DOL was in charge.

Stay for sure. I think our football is on the whole improving. The defence has been hampered by injuries for virtually every game, but the potential of the squad will bear fruit. We score goals from open play like we seldom did under the previous regime, seems to be set play at both ends of the pitch is where we fall down. I am sure the mang team are aware of this

The same MON who went their last year and won 1-0. The same defence who have played shit under this manager this year. But we're supposed to believe it'll get better. At 2-1 we should not be losing 3-2 with 15mins to go no matter what the defence. All I ever hear from Houllier is excuses.

You can't compare it like that - what I asked was do you think MON would have taken a team like the one yesterday to Bolton and win?

Actually yes. I can honestly say that in the last three years with MON I believed we could get a win in any of the games we started. I don't have the same feelings about the games prior to kick off now.

You also neglect to mention that Bolton have got a lot stronger over the past year, and actually are a tough team to beat.

To be fair to Houllier, it WAS a disappointing result yesterday as we should have won - we desperately need to standardise our corner defence regimes. Add to that the defence we had for most of last year all didn't play yesterday. Warnock has deteriorated rapidly from the cup final, and Cuellar, Collins and Dunne all missed the game. I'm not saying they aren't up to the job, they are, but really there's not much Houllier could do yesterday. His only selectional mistake was bringing on Petrov, who was a disgrace.

Stay, for now. We will need time and I have certainly seen a lot of improvement since the Sunderland game. Bent needs to get his confidence up, and Ash needs tostop **** taking penalties. I knew this would happen, he puts them in the same side every time.

Stay - but fail to beat Wolves and we are in the shit. I will find it very hard to support GH should we fail to pick up 3 points.

I honestly think if GH cocks up again we should tell Bolton to name their price for Coyle now they are safe.

I would like us to go for Coyle, but that's only in the event Houllier is not in charge - and would Coyle leave Bolton for us.

I will feel very annoyed should we fail to beat Wolves.

Let him go and bring back Martin, oh the irony of it. Maybe Moyes, he is looking unsettled with the lack of investment at Goodison. We need a young coach with a well experienced manager, the system they use in Germany works. Let the coach (trainer) do the tactics day to day hands on, the general manager sorts out contracts etc. I would like to see Jurgen Klopp at Villa Park, that guy has more energy in his little finger than GH has in his whole body.

P.S. I was at the Signal Iduna Park on Friday vs Köln, 80,720 cracking atmosphere

A few mentioning Moyes. A man who has won trophies in different countries isnt good enough for us but a man who has won nothing is.

Also, the people who want Gerard to stay explain their decision in a paragraph of points. The people who want him out just say "He has to go" or "Get out" etc etc.

Says a lot.

With you squaddie, I'd go for Moyes...this bloke always gets a reaction from his team after a bad result, they've beaten City and Chelsea and always plays his best 11. Everton fans are split on him but his boards lack of investment makes Villa look a good move. On the other side be happy with Coyle. Whatever happens he needs to be in at the start of next season, but I've a feeling GH will be here next year.

stay calm peeps. Bolton are a solid team, and but for sloppy defending with a makeshift defence, and a missed ash pen, and we would have absolutely dominated them 3-1.

the football we are playing is exciting and we now always look capable of scoring. Sort out the calamities at the back and things still look promising.

Wolves will beat us no problem, see what I'm doing here having the attitude of our manager as a defeatist.

So in one breath you have a go at GH for his defeatist attitude to a top 4 club yet you do it to Wolves. :lol:

and below has to be a joke surely?

i don't remember feeling this low as a villa supporter even when DOL was in charge.

Stay for sure. I think our football is on the whole improving. The defence has been hampered by injuries for virtually every game, but the potential of the squad will bear fruit. We score goals from open play like we seldom did under the previous regime, seems to be set play at both ends of the pitch is where we fall down. I am sure the mang team are aware of this

This.