Houllier - Stay or Go

pacbuddies

Should Houllier be our manager or not?  

1. 1. Should Houllier be our manager or not?

• He should go now
    • He should go at the end of the season
    • He should stay and be our manager next season

Im still unsure.

Positives - His transfer policy is much better than MONs. He's a name that can attract better players. This is something we should definitely be using to our advantage in the summer if he's still here.

Our football is actually better (albeight less effective) than under MON.

Negatives - He just doesn't seem to inspire anyone by his mannerisms. The fans never took to him. The players hated him. Some of his decisions have been mind blowingly naive.

The defence! What the hell has gone on there? He's turned them into statues. If the zonal marking system MON employed at set plays in the problem (as he suggests in the press today) then blooming change it!!! You're the manager. Put the effort in on the training pitch rather than sending them home to read self-help books.

I don't know what I want really. He's probably our new Director of Football (which I'd be happy enough with) but as a manager, he just doesn't seem to convince me that he's the right man for the job. I'm getting fed up of almost having no emotion myself now whether we win or lose.

This was always a nothing season as far as Im concerned, but Wednesday night and the Bolton game have just left me scratching my head.

As long as he makes sure we beat Liverpool on the last home game, Im willing to let him miader about until the end of the season and then we can see who would want to come. But someone needs to make sure he's banned from talking to the press. He says more stupid things than George W Bush.

We need a new defence and goal keeper in the summer, and if he can bring them in, then fair enough, give him another season (as long as he keeps Kyle Walker).

MON was given no restrictions in the transfer market, Houllier had to get rid of players before he could bring anyone in due to MON putting average players on huge wages for many years.

Exactly how many players did Houllier "get rid of" before he splashed £6m on Makoun and £24 million on Bent?

Sidwell and Carew would have shifted over 100k from the wage bill, which I'm sure covers Bent and Makoun's wages.

Exactly, we needed to free up some wages. We will still need to get rid of others before we buy anyone in the summer. Our wage bill was a disgrace!

I think he should be given the Summer. Shift a few more players out, actually bring in a left back and give him a pre-season to mould the side the way he wants. Coming in when he did was always going to be a difficult job. I'd like to give him one more season.

stay

let him get his own defenders in

we went from the tightest defence last season with same defenders to leakest why scrap them. something big happening

A lot of injuries and Dunne continuing his poor form from the back end of last season. Warnock having a hissy fit. Young's brother then injury then paternity leave. Collins' drop in form.

Yeah, some big stuff happened.

I think he should be given the Summer. Shift a few more players out, actually bring in a left back and give him a pre-season to mould the side the way he wants. Coming in when he did was always going to be a difficult job. I'd like to give him one more season.

That is absolute tosh. You make it sound as if he had this massively difficult squad to deal with.

Newcastle, Liverpool and WBA have had new managers come in later than us, and they've also dealt with their shitness on the pitch. Why should we be any different and be lenient with Houllier?