Houllier - Stay or Go

pacbuddies

Should Houllier be our manager or not?  

1. 1. Should Houllier be our manager or not?

• He should go now
    • He should go at the end of the season
    • He should stay and be our manager next season

Houllier thinks he's doing us a favour by managing us! Whereas the majority of us think he's lucky to still be in a job.

The majority of us think he should stay.

Which majority you basing that on?

Ha, Sun 3:32, it's 50/49!

In all honesty I am torn right now. I have backed him since he came, despite my doubts and his sometimes odd decisions. However, I do think we are playing better football under his management.

The one big concern though is the defence. I would be willing to give him until December, thus giving him time during the summer to sign some defenders. If he can fix the issue and we continue to improve the football we are playing, then I would like him to stay on for longer. Will he fix it though? I suppose that is the big concern, yet only time will tell.

Oh and someone else really needs to do the interviews because he comes out with some utter crap.

This is all crazy. Why would we do it now anyway? We're in enough mess as it is, the last thing we want to do is spend several weeks sorting out a new manager, the right one and getting him to settle in.

Houllier thinks he's doing us a favour by managing us! Whereas the majority of us think he's lucky to still be in a job.

The majority of us think he should stay.

Which majority you basing that on?

Ha, Sun 3:32, it's 50/49!

Have a read of my post earlier on this page and you might wish to retract that comment. Plus, as a cross-section of our support, the fact 49% want him gone now speaks absolute volumes.

I honestly think that Aston Villa needs him to stay, at least for a few seasons.

If he goes, I can see us bringing in another Martin O'Neill. A good manager who can get us to a cup final or a wembley appearance but is limited in transfer dealings and is limited in where he can take us, in the long-term.

It'd be nice to get to Wembley again and it'd be nice to see us shoot up to 6th place. But we won't go any higher unless there is a season like 2 years ago when one of the Big 4 play poorly (at the time - Arsenal) and we get a bit of luck. But now that has been made even harder because Spurs and Man City are both fighting for that 4th place that Liverpool might have outgrown.

I honestly think that Houllier is a man who can improve our youth players, buy some great foreign players and attract players of a higher quality that a lesser-known manager would not be able to. I think Houllier could build a much, much better team - which could compete for cups as well as a higher place in the table.

Aston Villa doesn't need Houllier, let's get that straight. This man has disrespected this club continuously, add in his inept management where we can't even defend corners.

Expectations have sunk so low now that most now think that only Houllier can actually get this team to play possesion based football...... It's pretty sad really...

Aston Villa doesn't need Houllier, let's get that straight. This man has disrespected this club continuously, add in his inept management where we can't even defend corners.

Expectations have sunk so low now that most now think that only Houllier can actually get this team to play possesion based football...... It's pretty sad really...

Yes..

Because my post stating "I THINK Aston Villa needs him to stay" mentioned lots and lots about possession football. As have loads of others in their reasons for wanting Houllier kept on for a while.

Maradona10 has sex with monkeys.

NowDoINotLikeThat used to be called "NowILikeMichaelBarrymoreBecauseITooLikeWatersports".

See.. we can all make things up. But it adds nothing to the argument.

Wouldn't say that's a majority and for it to be so tight that in itself should ring alarm bells.

Maradona10, if it is over 50% it is always a majority, and now it is 53/46.

(I'm just enjoying while it lasts.)