Houllier - Stay or Go

pacbuddies

Should Houllier be our manager or not?  

1. 1. Should Houllier be our manager or not?

• He should go now
    • He should go at the end of the season
    • He should stay and be our manager next season

You're seriously basing an arguement on "if" :shock: :lol:

We're closer to 18th (relegation) than 9th, cover that one up.

We're not closer to 18th, we're closer to 9th.

13th-9th=3 points

18th-13th=3 points + two games in hand....

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

In terms of places we're closer to 9th.

If a certain Ashley Young had scored his penalty today (or better yet let someone more likely to score take it) then this thread would be very different.

If the Lino had spotted the ball had gone out there would have been no pen.

If sturridge had took his chance in the 1st half things could have been worse

There are always ifs in the majority of games. If unfortunatley doesn't give you any points.

Thanks for that.

Doesn't make what I said not true though does it?

If a certain Ashley Young had scored his penalty today (or better yet let someone more likely to score take it) then this thread would be very different.

If the Lino had spotted the ball had gone out there would have been no pen.

If sturridge had took his chance in the 1st half things could have been worse

There are always ifs in the majority of games. If unfortunatley doesn't give you any points.

If MON didn't roadrunner...

Ifs and buts.

I reckon people would love to see us relegated if it meant Houllier leaving. Poor attitude.

You've got to be joking there. Going down this season really doesn't bare thinking about. It would cost the club so much in every area. At the end of it all we all support Aston Villa and want the club to do well and progress whatever the opinions on the manager.

I assumed the original noses comment was aimed at people who wanted Houllier to stay.

For what it's worth, i haven't seen anyone who wants Houllier to stay calling someone who is unhappy a nose.

I'd be interested to see if you had any links to back that up.

There's loads, feel free to use your search function at the top of the page

I'm not searching around to try and back up claims by someone else, I was just curious as I haven't seen anyone calling people bluenoses for wanting Houllier out.

But thanks for the patronising advice, i could practically feel you ruffling my hair as you said it.

Well don't ask a patronising question in the first place and you won't get a patronising response will you?

Do you really think people "bookmark" quotes to back up a point they might be making on Villa Talk in the future? :lol: Get a grip man.

What's patronising about asking out of curiosity whether you had any links to the comments because I hadn't seen any of them?

If it wasn't meant to be patronising then it's just simply incredibly naive for reasons already stated. It came across patronising to me though and obviously Gringo, too.

If it wasn't meant to be patronising then it's just simply incredibly naive for reasons already stated. It came across patronising to me though and obviously Gringo, too.

Well good for you guys.

Next time I'll refrain from enquiring (that means I won't ask) ;)

13th-9th=3 points

In terms of places when teams below us have played 2 games less :?:

13th-9th=3 points

We're closer to 9th are we not?

Blackpool have a game in hand, Blues have 2 games in hand...I don't fancy either of those 2 to go above us.

13th-9th=3 points

Blackpool have a game in hand, Blues have 2 games in hand...I don't fancy either of those 2 to go above us.

Points are what matter and mathematically we're closer to 18th, that's a fact.

13th-9th=3 points

Points are what matter and mathematically we're closer to 18th, that's a fact.

Points wise we're closer to 18th, places wise we're closer to 9th...that's also a fact.

Stay for me- that was not a performance of a team that is doomed.

How many other teams could cope with 3 main central defenders out?

I still believe we are making progress on the pitch, a bit of luck wouldn't go amiss

Stay. At least for now.

As Stevo said, we have improved this year. We were brilliant against Blackburn. Brilliant. And same against Bolton, but we had our three most experienced, and arguably best, defenders injured.

We are exciting to watch now. Nobody realises things need to change in defence (and here and there in attack) better than GH. At least you would think so, because it's, like, his job.

We seem to all have forgotten how brilliant GH was in the transfer market in January. If he can do anything like the same again in summer we will have a hell of a squad come August.

If things don't improve after that, maybe we do need to bring in a manager who can train and motivate the players better, but let's wait and see.

There is just no **** way in the world we are going to replace GH at this stage of the season. Calling for him to go before he's worked his magic in the transfer market just makes no sense to me at all. It's not going to achieve anything good, and might well do the opposite.

Just think what a team we'll have when we've replaced:

Friedel

Petrov

Warnock

Beye

Heskey

And when Ashley Young finally stops taking the dead ball...

I want him to stay and I am Happy with him.

We played extremely well yesterday. We created chance after chance and we should have but the game away. It was always going to be very very difficult with that back 4.

do anyone really think that MON or any other manager would have made our defence better yesterday? Because that is what is holding us back. 3 Kids and a COMPLETE makeshift defence - which other team could have coped better against Bolton?

And all you moaning about the team selection against Man City - can't you see that this is the situation that GH was trying to avoid? And we came very very close to getting 3 points.

When we win against Wolves we will look a lot better.

Stay. At least for now.

As Stevo said, we have improved this year. We were brilliant against Blackburn. Brilliant. And same against Bolton, but we had our three most experienced, and arguably best, defenders injured.

We are exciting to watch now. Nobody realises things need to change in defence (and here and there in attack) better than GH. At least you would think so, because it's, like, his job.

We seem to all have forgotten how brilliant GH was in the transfer market in January. If he can do anything like the same again in summer we will have a hell of a squad come August.

If things don't improve after that, maybe we do need to bring in a manager who can train and motivate the players better, but let's wait and see.

There is just no **** way in the world we are going to replace GH at this stage of the season. Calling for him to go before he's worked his magic in the transfer market just makes no sense to me at all. It's not going to achieve anything good, and might well do the opposite.

Just think what a team we'll have when we've replaced:

Friedel

Petrov

Warnock

Beye

Heskey

And when Ashley Young finally stops taking the dead ball...

Great post! all the way down to the comment about Young which is so true!

I pressed the panic button a few months ago and learnt from it, I am glad RL has more of a sound head on his shoulders

The same MON who went their last year and won 1-0. The same defence who have played shit under this manager this year. But we're supposed to believe it'll get better. At 2-1 we should not be losing 3-2 with 15mins to go no matter what the defence. All I ever hear from Houllier is excuses.