• A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bent
    • Petrov (for Delph 77)
    • Agbonlahor (for Albrighton 83)

what to say?

was obvious that we were going to lose as soon as Houllier rested players mid-week.

apart from that, Bent was very unlucky (or shit?), Young should not take penalties, and our defence was the same as its been all season (the same defence who were amazing last season).

if it was just this game in isolation, then you could say we were unlucky, but when it happens every game, i guess you have to blame it on Houllier.

if we had won today, we would have been 3 points behind 6th... as it is we are still in a relegation battle.

our defending is abysmal and has been for most of the season.

Bent's record on penalties is far better than Ash's so why is Ash taking them - coz Houllier want to suckup to him to keep him when we all know he will be gone at the end of the season.

Houllier do us all a favour and resign before you take us down. we have no fight. When the oppostion scores we go to pieces.

It takes a real man to admit he is not up to the job but I suspect that Houllier's ego will prevent him from going.

Absoultely shambolic!!! Pathetic! Chance afte chance afte chance....And whenever I watch Villa nowadays; like most Villa fans, I always expect us to mess things up! I just knew that Young would miss that penalty, and I waited with baited breath; and what do you know - SAVED!! Then, I didn't even expect us to get a point. We have to be the worse team in the entire league at defending set pieces, and quite frankly I am getting sick of saying the same thing!

It's almost like talking about the England bowlers in the world cup bowling full and straight!! As much as we hope they have learned from past mistakes, they still don't do the basics right and rectify their errors! WOEFUL!

That's the best we've played all season, had the opportunities to win it, but didn't capitalise and were too inexperienced at the back. If we keep playing like that we'll easily stay up, future looks good :)

I keep reading stuff like this every week, as we slip closer and closer to the trap door.

The amount of teams whos fans thought their football was too good to go down is huge.

We have a Manager who cannot produce a winning side, a winning mentality, or a 'never say die' attitude - tht will affect us far far more than whether we occassionally play a bit of neat football.

We are soft and full of a lack of belief.

Won't mark players down for the result. I'm marking on performance, and some were really not good enough.

Fried 7

Walker 7 - His price is going up and up. Will be England's RB very very soon. We won't be signing him.

Clark 7

Young 6

Baker 5 - Not looking after Cahill well enough

The concorde 7 - Scored, made at least 3 incredible chances, wanted it. Lost the ball a few times but it was through being positive not shirking his responsibilities

NRC 7

Delph 6

Young 6 - Hope he goes to be honest. Won a lot of fouls today but demands most set pieces (including pens) and is awful. If he's not on the wing, he's not on the pitch.

Downing 5 - Coward.

Bent 5 - Can't miss that many chances when you're a bad a player as you are Daz. Offers nothing but goals, needs to score more.

---

Our best player is a 20 year old Spurs player who won't be here next season.

I know I've said it a million times before, but after over fifty (count 'em) years following the Villa, I'm really beginning to think my life would be more enjoyable if I just cut **** football out of it for good.

When I moved to the US for 3 years I couldn't properly follow the Villa at all due to work and lack of TV / time difference. I can't tell you how much higher my mental state was at the time. I should really drop this bunch of fuckheads but once it's in your blood you just can't quit it. You don't want to care, but you have to. It's a **** disaster.

Ashley Young must be ill. In my professional opinion he has football'rexia, he looks in the mirror and must see zinedine zidane. Thats the only explanation I have for him not only taking every set piece and messing it up but then still thinking he is good enough to take the next one. FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK OFF

I believed we would be in trouble at set plays due to us missing Dunne, Cuellar and Collins so the goals didn't surprize me but Ashley should have put the game out of reach with the penalty. 3-1 I believe would have taken it out of reach and would have given us 3 points.

A lot of missed chances so no one to blame but the players on that. We created more than enough chances to win even with 3 goals against. One of those games to put behind us and move on. Not a easy place to go and get a result, if we had taken our chances we would of got it.

If one thing is certain in life, it is that Villa will always let you down.

We are well on course for our worst season in 5 years. We could still go down, and perhaps in this stage of the season wednesday's surrender will be looked at as the key point. That decision well and truly backfired today.

Houllier is a cancer.

We lost, but the chances we had we shouldn't have lost...Houllier put out the correct side and we should have been 5-1 up at one point...Chances were missed by the PLAYERS...You know the rest.

To blame Houllier for the players missing those chances is just nuts, although the buck will stop with him and people will rant saying they want him gone.

Â