Alan Hutton

Rich_D

He made a strong challenge - and took a player out at the same time as the ball - got booked - hurt said player - queue boos from Blackpool - cheers and cries of derision from Villa fans for the booking! 

• 2 weeks later...

I know he has helped up greatly defensively, but by god doesnt he not half feck up promising chances in the final 3rd time after time. Ball seems to be a magnet to him in final 3rd, im starting to wonder if other teams are letting him have the ball there

• Like 1

I know he has helped up greatly defensively, but by god doesnt he not half feck up promising chances in the final 3rd time after time. Ball seems to be a magnet to him in final 3rd, im starting to wonder if other teams are letting him have the ball there

Amazed only one post making this point. So wasteful today. HAS to produce better when in those positions.

Well I join your wish that he'd score more. However, I have to say we should have some patience, since now it seems like we ask Hutton to do our defending, build up the play from the right flank with Cleverley and Weimann, and even score our goals. I think that's a bit much.

Hutton is able to follow the play, making great runs to attack, he seems to have an eye for it. This is nice to see in the otherwise grim attacking play of Villa.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

I remember during his McLeish days (when he was absolutely awful, despite many people trying to rewrite history on that) one game where he made an interception on the halfway line and sprinted forward with the ball down the wing. The opposition were caught on the hop because they had been moving forward, we had two men in the box, the only defender moved across to Hutton, all he had to do was put it in the box for a certain goal - he fell over trying to cross it and the ball trickled out for a goal kick.

I am grateful for what he is currently providing!

• 3 weeks later...

Expects far to much from this guy, Defender, creator, winger. He aways gets down the wing, but does nothing with it, Its not his game, Lambert needs to realise this, its half the problem with not scoring goals. he cannot expect everything from Hutton down the right.

Expects far to much from this guy, Defender, creator, winger. He aways gets down the wing, but does nothing with it, Its not his game, Lambert needs to realise this, its half the problem with not scoring goals. he cannot expect everything from Hutton down the right.

He's a fullback in 2015.

That's what they do now. It's not too much to ask your fullbacks to get forward every now and then.

If Hutton's final ball was better he'd have a couple of assists to his name this season. It's not the getting forward he struggles with, it's doing something with it when he gets there.

But a decent performance today. Kept Hazard relatively quiet.

Hutton always plays quite narrow. It makes me nervous even though I can't think of a time when it's ever cost us a goal or anything.

But he tends to leave the winger out on the touchline and play very close to his CB.

Like I said, it seems to work most of the time, but just something I've noticed.

• Like 1

Hutton always plays quite narrow. It makes me nervous even though I can't think of a time when it's ever cost us a goal or anything.

But he tends to leave the winger out on the touchline and play very close to his CB.

Like I said, it seems to work most of the time, but just something I've noticed.

Potentially something to do with the way the game is generally played with inverted wingers now?  I can't actually think of a single wide-left midfielder/winger in the Premier League who is left footed.  Hazard as an example, gets wide left and always looks to cut in on his right.

Â