Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

There both improving but having to defend against wave after wave of attack must hard. We need more of a presence in midfield to protect them. Westwood and delph should not be our cm pairing. They must be 12st combined.

This. 

I think people really need to cut him some slack, he's not a world beater but he's not as bad as some of you make out. Don't forget hes only 21, I still hold out hope that with the right coaching that there's a half decent defender in there.

• Like 2

Reminds me of Liam ridgewell when he first come through

has games where he does ok and then drops a massive bollock. Not good enough for the premier league.

its not about cutting him some slack, he just isn't good enough.

• Like 1

has games where he does ok and then drops a massive bollock. Not good enough for the premier league.

Disagree - he's a lot better than Ridgewell was at his age and I think he'll be good enough in time.

firstly this guy isn't good enough for the premier league/championship, his level is league 1 downwards. I genuinly think no side in the championship would be breakign there necks to sign this guy. Firslty positioning if Vlarr isn't playing is awful and only marginally better when he is. secondly his tackling is a liability he dives in telegraphing every tackle and only a matter of time before he is sent off. Thirdly he gets dominated in the air against any striker who is of a similar size to him. Fourthly he has no football brain, his decision making is dreadful and his use of the ball shocking it does feel like somebody has dragged a guy of the streets who has never even watched a game of football and said fight kick anything that moves. He is 23 now (birthday today) he isn't a kid anymore he is well on with his career he isn't going to improve enough now to ever be good enough. We can't keep saying he is a young lad he will improve and develop cos that just isn't happening. Same with Clark who is 24 not developing not improving not good enough although clark does seem to have some sort of football brain. I do however admire the commitment Baker shows he would geniunly run through a brick wall for the club but we need far more than that at this level.

On a side issue i remember watching villa 7-8 years ago and thinking christ ridgewell is crap but i really like the look of gary cahill. Easy to say now i know considering he is a chelsea and England regular putting in MOM performance in the champions league S/F. Along with running the club into the ground from a financial point of view MON also sold a player who would now if he had stayed been our captian and probably our best player. I know this thread is about  baker but i just think we let that tosser MON off to light with this crime he commited against our club. Its not like playing cahill at the time was a big gamble he was playing to a high level even back then. That sale made me angry back then and it makes be angry still to this day. MON what a .......................

• Like 1

Exactly, and I think he'll be one of the first out of the door when the new guy comes in. Simply not good enough for this level.

I'd like him to leave in the summer

Is not and will not ever be good enough, may sound harsh but we've got to have higher expectations than Nathan Baker

And I'm sick to death about hearing how quiet he is from EVERY member of our team

Just what we want, a nice quiet defender

In my opinion, the worst defender I have ever seen for our club.

We put far too much reliance on shit youth players, because we have the best youth 'set up' - which does not equate to bloody quality. Ellis and Lerner making the same mistakes.

• Like 1

Â