Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

On the plus side, if we deem Clark and Baker to not be good enough, we should be able to get a couple of million for Baker and a bit more than that for Clark, because of the amount of Prem games they've played.

Baker was fine yday.

Interesting point though Isa.Compare how Soton defenders always tried to keep the ball when defending, whereby we are just happy to clear the lines.Thats coaching.

Villas problem is midfield, not enough support for the attack, not enough energy or urgency.

• Like 1

He is a half decent 'stopper' and is very brave, but his football ability is very, very limited.

His passing and distribution from the back is **** rank, and there is no-one who does 'hoof ball' better.

Hoof ball invariably, gives the ball back to the opposition, and just puts us under continuous pressure.

Baker was fine yday.

Interesting point though Isa.Compare how Soton defenders always tried to keep the ball when defending, whereby we are just happy to clear the lines.Thats coaching.

Villas problem is midfield, not enough support for the attack, not enough energy or urgency.

Baker was a disaster waiting to happen yesterday. Thankfully it didn't quite happen, as it so often has with him. Villas problem is actually a lack of quality through every area of the pitch. Sat with a group of Villa fans after the game yesterday, and we all agreed this was the worst Villa team we'd seen in a long time, we made a list of those players we would keep if this potential takeover materializes. We were struggling to get past five names, Baker was not among them. Depressingly bad days.

TBF though meregreen, barring injuries Baker would'nt be playing, so why does he get so much stick ?

In the mean time, Gabby and Weimann were incredibly poor again, and Westwood and KEA completely ineffective, and yet they don't get as much stick as Baker.

Agree he shouldn't be a 1st teamer for a club like Villa, but nor should, out of the starting line up yday, Westwood, KEA, Albrighton, Gabby and Weimann.Not good enough to get in the top half of the table.

After a jumpy 20 minutes - I actually thought he did pretty well yesterday - shouldn't be starting as a regular - and we should really buy another CB next summer - we don't know how good Okore is - and he's had a season out 

I think the stick Clark is getting is a bit harsh, I've been happy with how he's been playing for most of this season.

No idea why he know seems to be behind Baker in the pecking order who has been poor for most of this season.

• Like 2

Clark who left Rooney on his own when we was 1-0 up?

Clark hasn't developed, keeps making elementary mistakes, and is what 25?...For me if your'e not in the 1st team at 24/5, then you may as well be moved on.

It was Vlaar who let Rooney by him. Clark was left with two players in the box and followed one. For me that goal was all about Vlaar being way out of place.

For me Id say Baker is the better player

Heading - Baker

Tackling - Baker

Passing -Clarke

Errors - About the same

Clarke just doesn't do enough for me - he just seems to be there - having very little influence on the game...

Yeah, Clark's clearly better. Just like VillaChris said, it really is hard to understand why he was dropped in favor of Baker. In my opinion Clark still hasn't gotten back to the level he was before being dropped. He has played a few games, but looks shaky. I'm not a Lambert hater, but this one is all his doing. Poor people management.

Edited by AVTuco

Clark was very solid first half of the season although of course a lot is down to the improvement of Vlaar as he really is the glue that tries to hold the young lads at the back together.

He had a poor game v West Ham and has barely played since.

I suppose the positive for Baker is that this time last year Clark was looking as poor as Baker does know and has improved.

There both improving but having to defend against wave after wave of attack must hard. We need more of a presence in midfield to protect them. Westwood and delph should not be our cm pairing. They must be 12st combined.

• Like 1

Â