Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

It is a pretty crazy situation. There hasn't been a word about him on the OS.

I reckon the club have just forgotten he exists and Lambert doesn't even know about him, and soon, someone will remember him and think 'Shit! I can't tell Lambert that we forgot to bring a player back off loan, he'll go mad!'

Meanwhile, Makoun is stuck abroad, frantically calling Alex McLeish, trying to force out a few English words to get him back in the country. McLeish, of course, is not helping the situation by replying in Scottish.

*ring ring*

'Och, whuus this cawlin mee?'

'Errrrr, bonjour, McLaaish, errrrr, eees Jeandeux'

'What tha fook did you seeey laddie?

Someone should show Lambert a picture of Makoun in his jumper. That's all you need to know about him.

I reckon the club have just forgotten he exists and Lambert doesn't even know about him, and soon, someone will remember him and think 'Shit! I can't tell Lambert that we forgot to bring a player back off loan, he'll go mad!'

like Milton in Office Space. he is just a glitch in the payroll :P

This Makoun business is a waste of our time. Get rid asap.

I doubt it's affecting Lambert or the players in any way. I agree it's a bit silly on both Makoun's and the club's part to let such an easily avoided mistake happen though. I'd still like to see him be given a chance. If the way we've been playing in preseason is how Lambert wants us to play next season then I think we will suit Makoun's style perfectly and he could be a big asset.

C'mon Jean, you only have to learn a few basic phrases of English.

Vous pouvez le faire!

I really wanted to see him have a real shot here and I thought he could play a big part in our team, but to be honest, it seems to me that he does not care too much about being here. Failed to take an English course for his UK Visa, that is just pure laziness. Not really bothered by the fact that he seems to be leaving us now.

A player if his calibre.. should at least get a shot. I've loved every decision Lambert has made bar this one. Seems odd as he seems to suit Lamberts style of play.. I'm thinking its communication problems. He said makoun would get a chance. Makoun by all reports didn't fit in with the squad and doesn't speak English. Probably doesn't want to return... Yet he went to Greece? I wish we got some clarification.

Maybe the Visa issue is bigger than first thought. Maybe it's still not sorted so we can't give him a squad number yet? Hopefully it's because he is already in discussions with another club and we can get another high earner off the books.

Would have been good to have seen him play as he can for us but sadly doesn't look like it's going to happen now. Always bought him on PES 6 too. Nevermind.

A player if his calibre.. should at least get a shot. I've loved every decision Lambert has made bar this one. Seems odd as he seems to suit Lamberts style of play.. I'm thinking its communication problems. He said makoun would get a chance. Makoun by all reports didn't fit in with the squad and doesn't speak English. Probably doesn't want to return... Yet he went to Greece? I wish we got some clarification.
So you reckon he should get a shot but that he probably doesn't want to return. That he hasn't bothered to learn the language yet you don't like Lambert's 'decision' on it? I think you're confused yet trying to twist it into a negative on Lambert. I won't say you're unique but you're certainly a dying breed :)

Â