Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

No-ones saying he's a world-beater, just that he deserves more of a chance. I would say that's fair?

Yep absolutely.

But hey if people want to put their faith in Jermaine Jenas and Fabian Delph, who can stop them? :winkold:

Tbf if you'd said at this time last year, Stephen Ireland would be winning fans player of the year I'd have packed you off to Highcroft mental hospital but it's happened so I don't think it's too far fetched to think Makoun could look the part if he was given another chance here.

To me it's not even about Makoun, every fan knew if we are to get rid of NRC, we need a ball winner and that should have been the focus from McLeish, luckily he had Herd but I can't remember one game where we actually dominated the midfield.

I honestly do not think our style suits him.

And not just the style of non-football we currently play, but the more "English" style Villa seem to have had since I first started supporting them:

- Effort over grace.

- Graft over guile.

- Speed over intelligence.

- Athleticism over ability.

- Percentage plays over ball retention.

- Physicality over position.

I'm not saying that our style needs to change (though I'd like to see better football than we saw this season), I just see Makoun as more "refined" than we have use for.

That's pretty worrying because we now have one of the slowest, least athletic squads in the league.

I honestly do not think our style suits him.

And not just the style of non-football we currently play, but the more "English" style Villa seem to have had since I first started supporting them:

- Effort over grace.

- Graft over guile.

- Speed over intelligence.

- Athleticism over ability.

- Percentage plays over ball retention.

- Physicality over position.

I'm not saying that our style needs to change (though I'd like to see better football than we saw this season), I just see Makoun as more "refined" than we have use for.

That's pretty worrying because we now have one of the slowest, least athletic squads in the league.

Ha that's true - we have the best of neither right now. Which is whay we resemble a championship team much more than a PL

I think there's a reason Bradley look crap when he played for us and why he's now at Chievo.

well he never really had a chance to play for the club, hasnt looked any worse than Delph has. PLus Chievo are having a decent season compared to Villa and he has played most games

Ha that's true - we have the best of neither right now. Which is whay we resemble a championship team much more than a PL

Nowt to do with the manager then??

Dont get me wrong, im in total agreement that the squad simply isnt good enough. In fact, id go one better...its **** awful.

But Eck has been getting pelters all season and hardly anybody on here would acknowledge the fact that our squad is shite, yet when it seems that Eck may be leaving soon everybody all of a sudden seems in agreement about the squad being shite.

Nowt to do with the manager then??

Dont get me wrong, im in total agreement that the squad simply isnt good enough. In fact, id go one better...its **** awful.

But Eck has been getting pelters all season and hardly anybody on here would acknowledge the fact that our squad is shite, yet when it seems that Eck may be leaving soon everybody all of a sudden seems in agreement about the squad being shite.

So our squad is relegation fodder shite?, because that's what we are at this point in time. Nothing to do with the manager? Seriously?

Is Makoun good enough to be a premiership holding midfield player? Most teams, us included are employing a 4-2-3-1 formation. With 2 holding players and 3 attacking midfielders who support a lone striker. Assuming, may be a long shot, that our 2 holding is Herd+1. Is Makoun this player. is Herd our Tiote. Or do we need to buy better. Is Makoun our Cabaye. The man can pass!.

Well he could do no worse than Bannan or Delph. Not to mention we've been desperate for some experience in the middle of the park, with Ireland being the only one. Silly decision to let him go.

Â