Giving blood

mjmooney

Are you a blood donor?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a blood donor?

• Yes
    • No

OK, simple poll and thread. I'm not interested in debating the religious ideas, have that argument elsewhere.

And if you have a medical reason why you can't give, fair enough.

But the point of this thread is simply to try and get some blood donor virgins to go and give blood. Make it your new year's resolution. Go on, do it. And then come on here and tell us how good you feel about yourself. We will praise you, guaranteed.

Come on VTers, man up. If you were in trouble you'd be glad to receive some, so no excuses.

Go.

National Blood Service

I went to give blood for the first time a month or so ago. I commandeered to friends to go and give blood with me. Their first times aswell. One of them passed out. I can't give blood til March cos I was in Cuba in November. The other guy was fine though. Gave blood no problem.

So I have donated blood. Not mine though

My dad gave blood for years, he got very close to get getting the top donor badge that they did/do. But getting cancer meant he had to stop. He was actually a bit pissed off to be honest.

I'll give blood myself in future. I've given blood samples before and that wasnt bad at all, and I've never been bothered with needles.

sounds daft but I found it always affected my sports performance for a week or so after I gave blood .. anyone else notice that ?

of course i have no such excuse now I'm a sloth but the last time i gave blood I fainted just after i walked out the door ( proper one not the Gillian Mckeith fake one) so i guess that has put me off but I ought to start going again , I've got the good blood that they like (O Rh D negative)

Used to be a regular but have got out of the habit, so must restart.

Although apparently vinegar and wallpaper paste is just as effective according to the JWs (oops, sorry).

I never have, but have been encouraged to do so recently. I have no idea what my blood type is though, I presume they'd tell me? I have no issue with needles, but ever since nearly taking the end of my finger off with a stanley knife about 5 years ago (proper squirty blood effort) I go a bit queezy with blood related stuff. I used think the blood n guts on Casualty was great, but I can't watch it now :oops: Would still give it a go though.

I've given my blood for testing, rather than for transfusions, although I really am planning to do so.

Bear in mind I've not long been an adult. I also plan to have my organs ready for donation (when I die!) As I believe all those with organ failure deserve a second chance as with blood.

Been giving prett much as often as I can since I was about 17. Didn't give for the 3 years I was at Uni, but I rarely miss a session.

On my bronze award, think i've donated 15 or 16 times. not bad for a 25 year old.

I think there's two ways to do it, a big needle to the hip, which is the painul one, or a new one which isn't so bad.

I'm sure it'll be painful, but if it saves someone's life I think I can endure it.

given blood in the past but sort of slipped out of the habit due to office relocation

I've got a donor card (not a kebab loyalty thing) on me at all times and nearest and dearest are fully aware that once I'm gone they can frankly use the body for whatever they fancy, let the nvq student surgeons have a practise at cutting and sewing, whatever.

I think there's two ways to do it, a big needle to the hip, which is the painul one, or a new one which isn't so bad.

I'm sure it'll be painful, but if it saves someone's life I think I can endure it.

Big respect to the man who isn't called Steve. :thumb:

Â