Giving blood

mjmooney

Are you a blood donor?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a blood donor?

• Yes
    • No

Gave blood for first time about 3 months ago and it wasnt as abd as i feared it would be. Will definitely do again.

Sadly was told Diageo stopped giving free pints of Guinness to donors :(

Got me 2 hours paid off work as well ;)

given blood many years ago... then i was on some long-term medication & so i don't think i was allowed.

and i haven't since.

also - i have low blood pressure generally, and so it takes ages for them to get a pint of blood out of me.

About 10 people come & go in the same time it takes me to release the blood.

I'm hearing a lot of "Well yes, I will sometime. Later. Honest, guv".

Why, FFS? Get on that website, find your local branch, and go tomorrow. Or this evening, even. Takes maybe half an hour and could save a life. If you're unemployed, go NOW.

Legov - what have you got to sort out in your life that is going to be prevented by a half-hour in a blood donor clinic?

And keep going. Twice a year is fine.

Surprised at the number of nos so far.

I do, Since I started a few years ago i have missed a few sessions but I do it when I can, and always have the fear of needles moments before it started. Though not dense enough as one work colleague who requested anesthetic to avoid the pain of the injection :crylaugh:

( anaesthetic administered by needle )

but it doesn't and never hurts beyong a minute sharp scratch for a second. Then it's load up on free biscuits time!

I didn't mind the withdrawal of blood or the sight of it until my 4th blood test when I nearly passed out. Since then, any film/program with the withdrawal process shown I instantly feel terrible (I nearly passed out in one of the Saw films in the cinema with that blood 'donation' scene). It's very strange as I used to laugh at my Uncle who has the same thing before I had that test. I've been very queasy in the blood tests since then, I just didn't look at what was going on.

Calm down.

Firstly, I don't know how I'd get there. I'm at home while my Mom works pretty much out the house from 8am till 7pm. I hate needles to the point I've never had my TB jab.

If it was next door to me, I'd go but it isn't.

You never go into Birmingham city centre?

65 New Street. Next time you go shopping.

Calm down.

Firstly, I don't know how I'd get there. I'm at home while my Mom works pretty much out the house from 8am till 7pm. I hate needles to the point I've never had my TB jab.

If it was next door to me, I'd go but it isn't.

You never go into Birmingham city centre?

65 New Street. Next time you go shopping.

Almost never. I live nowhere near Birmingham. It's a 40 minute drive. I don't drive.

The only thing i fear isgetting a horn when lying on the bed and the hot nurse comes over

They take it from your arm, not the shaft of yer lad.

Â