Giving blood

mjmooney

Are you a blood donor?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a blood donor?

• Yes
    • No

I lost over two litres of blood in an accident, so I'm more than happy to do my bit - actually going next wednesday.

Good luck but if you've had a transfusion I don't think you can donate but I'm sure they'll let you know either way next week.

I can't donate my blood due to my medical conditions but I am 100% behind this. It can save lives and is so important. I get my blood taken many times a year though and it isn't painful in the slightest, so donate if you can.

Oh and sorry to jack your thread, but I would also like to recommend for everyone to sign up for a donor card too. Your organs have no other use when you're dead. Morbid but true.

Clicked on no. Not that I wouldn't like to - I would love to. In fact, we have the Blood Transfusion "van" turn up to our work twice a year. Sadly, they won't let me :(

(I have a strange disease :hooray:).

Oh, OK. It isn't that strange. I have vitiligo which means sometimes my skin wont produce pigment (I'm lucky - nothing noticeable). But! There is the possibility that at any time, my skin can lose its pigment completely so I therefore become an albino. Goooooo, me!

Just call me whitey.

I used to give blood when there was an annual blood drive at my high school. But the last time I did it, I almost passed out, so I don't anymore. I never liked needles much, either.

Mine was a joke, but I think the negative attitude wasn't towards people who CAN'T, it was to people who CAN, but don't. That say "Oh I will at some point, but don't at the moment"

If someone has a genuine reason for not doing it then I don't think anyone's annoyed by it.

Personally, I don't give a shit if someone wants to give blood or not. I do, but know plenty of people who choose not to. That's their choice.

I'm also on the bone marrow donor list, but am yet to be called upon.

Me, too, and you've just done me a favour and reminded me that I need to contact the blood donor people and update my address details (I've also got out of the habit of going to give blood :oops:).

I think there's two ways to do it, a big needle to the hip, which is the painul one, or a new one which isn't so bad.

I'm sure it'll be painful, but if it saves someone's life I think I can endure it.

**** that

I think there's two ways to do it, a big needle to the hip, which is the painul one, or a new one which isn't so bad.

I'm sure it'll be painful, but if it saves someone's life I think I can endure it.

**** that

Personally, I would love to do it. Save a life for a little bit of pain / discomfort for a while? Oh yes.

I'm hearing a lot of "Well yes, I will sometime. Later. Honest, guv".

Why, FFS? Get on that website, find your local branch, and go tomorrow. Or this evening, even. Takes maybe half an hour and could save a life. If you're unemployed, go NOW.

Legov - what have you got to sort out in your life that is going to be prevented by a half-hour in a blood donor clinic?

And keep going. Twice a year is fine.

True. Was thinking that as well, sometimes I type too impulsively.

Â