The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

Agree with you both.  However, I had to upgrade mine, as for some reason the IOM 4G wouldn't work without it.  (Despite the 4G working perfectly fine in New York nearly two years ago).  I can play music over Bluetooth, but that's a lot crapper than via USB, as you have to mess around with the phone before you set off.

And Pete's right, the "it just works" nature of Apple products seems to have tailed off alarmingly.  Far too many illogical things on them that are a pain in the arse.

A total guess, but I'd imagine that is due to the different frequencies 4G is transmitted on in the IoM compared to NYC. 

okay so I have worked out how to make custom ringtones in itunes. pretty easy and combined with youtube to mp3 sites I now have some rather cool sounds and quotes and songs as ringtones and alerts. 

Anyone got any suggestions?

the usual, dark vader breathing and warp sound from star trek has been created, but any cool suggestions on text or ringtones?

ringtone - intro of this song 

text sound - this for my cricket team mates 

"whoah, what a delivery!"

Apple really need to overhaul their events. They are essentially the shopping channel. People who actually watch their events are not your regular morons. The utter shilling of everything is urg. 

Fair play to Google for just putting out a blog post about the new product, then doing normal advertising. 

They somehow manage to get people to still, even after all this time, keep thinking that owning anything apple demands announcing it at every possible opportunity.

"Oh silly me, I've made all these typos that I honestly didn't spot because I'm on my iPhone!"

Yosemite - generally good so far - the clear history is an absolute pain in the arse though - you can't clear your history without also deleting all of your cookies and website data. I went five years without having to log in to VT, now I can't clear my history without also clearing the log in ID's I've got set up for Facebook, here or any of the other sites I regularly visit with a password. A pain.

IPad mini 3 - same as mini 2, same screen, processor, ram etc... but it has touch id and now comes in gold. Extra £100 please.

Who falls for this crap?

Isn't the mini 3 the same price as the mini 2 was on launch?

All they've done is now reduce the price of the mini 2 by £80, making it much better value.

Given a choice it would be the mini 2 over the 3 any day. Touch ID isn't worth the extra £80

• Like 1

I know it's the cool thing to knock Apple at any given opportunity but they do make some great stuff. The laptop range, the iPad and the iPod are fantastic products.

Edited by Xela

IPad mini 3 - same as mini 2, same screen, processor, ram etc... but it has touch id and now comes in gold. Extra £100 please.

Who falls for this crap?

Isn't the mini 3 the same price as the mini 2 was on launch?

All they've done is now reduce the price of the mini 2 by £80, making it much better value.

Given a choice it would be the mini 2 over the 3 any day. Touch ID isn't worth the extra £80

That's what I meant, who would buy the mini 3 knowing the 2 is £80 cheaper but literally all it is missing is touch id and a colour option? Edited by Ingram85

IPad Air 2 is a welcome upgrade for me replacing my ageing ipad 2. 64gb for the price of last years 32 was a nice surprise as well.

Yosemite - generally good so far - the clear history is an absolute pain in the arse though - you can't clear your history without also deleting all of your cookies and website data. I went five years without having to log in to VT, now I can't clear my history without also clearing the log in ID's I've got set up for Facebook, here or any of the other sites I regularly visit with a password. A pain.

If you get keychain to remember your passwords, then it fills it all in for you anyway, but I know what you mean. I guess you could set "remove history" to a day, or a few days and that way it'll keep the cookies and data, but not the history? or use firefox or whatever?

Â