The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

MILLIONS of iPhone users were totally told off by their boss after their favourite toy in the whole world forgot to get them up for work.

A software bug affected the rectangular nipple's ability to effectively parent its charges, leaving them vulnerable to self-reliance for the first time since 2007.

Many were found by family and friends rocking in a foetal position and asking when phone was going to wake-up.

Martin Bishop, a 37 year-old Manchester United fan and Transformers enthusiast, said: "It's just like the time I got evicted because it didn't tell me to pay my mortgage. I'd call social services if I could get a signal."

As Apple engineers focused on fixing the latest glitch in the £600 calculator, the company pledged to keep its stores open round the clock, offering advice on whether to eat vegetables and how to sit up properly like a big boy.

Specially trained counsellors will also be on hand to assure customers their phones still love them and do not want to touch them in the bad place.

Bishop added: "I got to work at ten-thirty and my boss was all like 'what time do you call this?' and I was like holding my phone up saying 'ask him' and my boss was like 'well, all this cardio-thoracic surgery still needs doing'."

Meanwhile Apple has apologised for the phoney-woney boo-boo and insisted it would not affect its new OSX-powered toilet roll holder that knows when you've finished doing potty.

iphone be naughty, say sleepyheads

I have finally given up the cigs and have decided to save the money I would have spent and reward myself in say 4 months time if I am still off them with an ipad.

The question is,do I wait for the version 2 or stick with a 1st gen?

Thats what I was thinking,there have been rumours it will be announced on 1st Feb. My only thinking about 1st gen is that it will invariably be a lot cheaper when the secon one is out.

Actually has a go on one of the guys at work's iPad the other day, couple of mins on a blatent Halo rip off called Nova.

That type of title will never work on a touchscreen.

I also discovered that there must be something wrong with my fingers because it would not recognise an awful lot of my touches on the screen at all.

If it's synced to that computer, you should be able to just select "manually add songs" and it won't override what's on there.

If it's synced to another computer, i.e. another library, then I don't think you can do that.

It's THE most annoying feature of ipods, imo. My ex gf had to replace her hard drive on her laptop and because of that, even though it was the same computer, it thought it was anew library (even though it was identical) so it wiped her phone, including her apps.

I'm thinking of buying myself an ipod touch. I need an mp3 player now that my computer doesn't really play music any more. I would be going for the 32gb at €300. Can't believe that the difference in price between the models is so much seeing as it's just an extra 24gb. If It had a usb port, I could attach a 500gb external hard drive for €50, but it doesn't so, I'll either go for the 8gb one and actively choose music I will actually listen to, or just put everything onto a 32gb without having to engage my brain.

I won't be using it for gaming, or video chats, but I would like to be online while on the move. Not that I'm ever on the move, but I do intend to be soon. I don't want to spend €300 on it and considering I really only want it for its most basic functions, would anyone recommend that I go for an older generation version second hand, or buy the current version second hand on ebay.

Is there something cheaper that would let me get wifi where available and with a good bit of memory to hold a few songs?

£125

That sounds much too cheap for an Apple product. If they were to produce a handset smaller but just as powerful I'd expect them to pitch it much closer to the standard Iphone price. They don't under charge on anything.

BTW, I have an Ipod Touch 16GB in mint condition that is just gathering dust. If anyone wants to take it off my hands please send me a PM :mrgreen:

£125
That sounds much too cheap for an Apple product. If they were to produce a handset smaller but just as powerful I'd expect them to pitch it much closer to the standard Iphone price. They don't under charge on anything.

I dont know. Apple need something like this because they see what is happening on Android. You can buy a ton of mid range handsets on Android, and thats what people were doing 12, 18, 24 months ago and as they are coming out of their contracts they are deciding they quite like smart phones and would like a high end one next.

As they are already invested in the Android eco system, they go high end Android. Apple could use a mid range handset.

Â