The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

Anyone tuning in to the iPad 2 blog right now? It's over on IGN if you want to follow it. I'm not overly impressed with the new iPad to be honest. Some nice new touches but nothing amazing. It will still only come set with 16GB, 32 and 64 (I think those are the numbers) and won't allow for extra to be added. That's very poor in my opinion. The battery life is also still the same.

I still don't get the draw of having a camera on such a big device either. I can't imagine pulling out such a large tablet to snap a picture...

The music and film software could be promising though.

Oh and Steve Jobs is there too.

The covers for them look like a good idea though. Great how they can fold to sit the iPad on.

I was more impressed with the new cover than the ipad itself.

Indeed. I actually think that is the best thing about it. Says a lot when a cover is better than the iPad itself...

Going back to the Jail break, is syncing my phone the same as backing it up? Will iTunes remember everything? I've copied all my photos to my pc anyway, but apps and setting etc?

Best thing to do and what I do is to rename your Iphone 'Ginger pre break' and then right click on the name and choose back-up, it will indeed back everything up on the phone in that status, texts, apps etc and photos, screensaver, settings.

Not sure what people were expecting on the new Ipad.

Its pretty much what the rumours said it would be. Not enough of an improvement to make me want to sell mine and by the Ipad2

Flash support maybe? The ability to add memory cards? USB?

I still don't see the point in them in all honesty.

I still don't see the point in them in all honesty.

Checking emails, surfing the web are the 2 main things I use it for, and to be honest its brilliant for it.

Far better than booting up my netbook.

A lot of people do to be fair :)

Do they though? Or is it more of a fashion statement to a lot of people?

They are nice gadgets but I really don't think that they do anything well. They sit inbetween a laptop/netbook and a mobile phone, yet they hardly do anything better than them. If anything...

I do think that they will become more useful as they improve. However, I have not really been swayed by tablets yet.

I was more impressed with the new cover than the ipad itself.

By "new" I'm guessing you mean "

"?

Year of the copycat indeed.

True, but if the consumer wins then what is the problem?

Â