The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

Another rumour that they will bring out the Iphone 5 with a 4 inch screen. Infact there could be 3 different sizes. Nano, normal and 4 inch.

I think that will probably be the best idea. Will be interesting if they release a smaller ipad nano.

Also out seems unlikely that the next iphone will be dual core given qualcomm will only have samples of their dual core processor available in june meaning it can't be in the next iphone. It could be just a refresh of the iphone 4, like the 3gs was of the iphone 3g.

Another rumour that they will bring out the Iphone 5 with a 4 inch screen. Infact there could be 3 different sizes. Nano, normal and 4 inch.

I think that will probably be the best idea. Will be interesting if they release a smaller ipad nano.

Also out seems unlikely that the next iphone will be dual core given qualcomm will only have samples of their dual core processor available in june meaning it can't be in the next iphone. It could be just a refresh of the iphone 4, like the 3gs was of the iphone 3g.

IF they stay with qualcomm.

They've placed a $7.8 billion order with samsung for components, so it really wouldn't surprise me to see the iphone5 having a samsung screen and processor.

Samsung were ditched by apple for making the processors, qualcomm will be supplying the processors for the new iphone that's a given. Samsung made most of the other components like the ram for the iphone 4 so I assume they will be supplying these components again.

I think there is next to zero chance samsung will share its trump cards their lightening quick processors and in particular their magical samoled tech.

Really interested to see what apple come up with.

It's really not a given at all. There is no way in hell $7.8bn is for memory alone.

Samsung are a business, they know that no matter what they come out with the iphone will still sell amazingly well, so they'd be foolish to turn down such a huge order from apple.

Samsung's screens in the next iphone at a minimum IMO. Everyone recognises PLS is superior tech to IPS, so apple will want to get on board with it to.

I'll put my neck on the line here, there's zero chance of a super amoled screen in the iphone. They will stick with the retina display. Nobody but samsung have amoled screens so there is no need to worry when apple have a very good screen in the iphone 4. We also know they have ditched the infinion chips and gone with qualcomm.

Apple buys samsung ram in bulk for all its devices, ipad, iphone, macs, ipod. Plus plenty of other hardware other than ram is supplied by samsung. There is nothing odd about the order from apple.

Samsung make flash memory, and lcd screens and i'd assume both are supplied to apple.

Edit: the order is for lcd displays, processors and flash memory for ipad and iphones according to the articles on the web. LG can't supply the number of screens apple need so samsung are now going to make 15mil screens for apple.

Also samsung will supply more processors to apple than they use in their own galaxy line. So this would mean that the new lightening quick diall core procedures could easily make their way into the new iphone. With a possible bigger 4 inch retina display and that beast of a processor the new iphone could easily stay among the super phone gang.

You're seriously confused over who makes what in an iphone/ipad.

Samsung haven't been "ditched" in favour of Qualcomm, Qualcomm have NOTHING to do with the actual processor, they make the baseband processor, i.e. the radios. That is what has switched from Infinion.

So tell me, how do you add an order that amounts to 5% of Samsung's total revenue when you already supply them with ram and processors for their biggest selling devices, without bringing in additional components? You're pretty much the only person in the world that thinks this isn't a significant order.

Your "edited part" wasn't added until after I replied.

"Last edited by CVByrne on Feb 15, 2011 - 02:54 PM" compared to "Posted: Feb 15, 2011 - 02:24 PM" Last time I checked, 24 < 54, although things may have changed since I was last at school, I highly doubt they have.

I make a point to always hit preview before replying to make sure nothing's changed.

Your post above still states:

Samsung were ditched by apple for making the processors, qualcomm will be supplying the processors for the new iphone that's a given.

Which is INCORRECT. Samsung have not been ditched by apple, qualcomm ARE NOT supplying the processors.

So again, edit all you like, your posts were still factually incorrect.

I edited my post again to reflect the rumour that the iphone 5 would have a 4 inch screen not a 3.7 inch which I had just read on tech radar. I made that edit after your post. My original edit was before your post. I don't like liars, you didn't fully read my post before you replied.

My edit was put in because I was wrong about the processors. Hence admitting that. I am however correct about the super amoled screens only being in samsung products.

I don't like liars, you didn't fully read my post before you replied.

I replied to the post that was made. That you had to edit it because it was wrong is no concern of mine.

You didn't read my full post as the first edit was made before you replied.

I don't like liars, you didn't fully read my post before you replied.

I replied to the post that was made. That you had to edit it because it was wrong is no concern of mine.

You didn't read my full post as the first edit was made before you replied.

Yes I did.

I also read the post THAT STILL SAYS Samsung's processors were dropped in favour of Qualcomm. Which is what I was correcting.

I don't like being called a liar when all I've done is corrected your misinformed post.

Hi guys, I hope you can help.

Last night I sold my ipod touch 16GB on eBay (first gen). I did the full erase and restore thingy so that its ready to ship. Following the reboot it now displays the 'connect to iTunes' message. Is that the way you'd expect it to be after a full factory reset or does it indicate a problem? I don't currently have iTunes on any of my PC's so don't really want to have to install it just to check if I don't need to.

Â