SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

We do have a better deal than Liverpool.
We've a good player but I really think people are underestimating Downing. He's worth every penny of the £20m in this market.

*Puts negative hat on*

N'Zogbia really should have been Young's replacement, not Downing's. Timing of deals clearly demonstrates the reluctance of Randy to free up entirety of Young's transfer proceeds for incoming transfer dealings.

*Takes negative hat back off again*

Great player though.

We do have a better deal than Liverpool.
We've a good player but I really think people are underestimating Downing. He's worth every penny of the £20m in this market.

I agree. Downing has real quality - a class act and class acts cost real money. I'm very sorry he's going.

Gonna be a great signing if we pull it off.

The only thing that has annoyed me about this whole saga is the fact we put ourselves in the position of having to find two wingers to replace Downing and Young - We all knew Young was off but dont think the sale of Downing was entirely necessary - 20million or not. We shouldnt be in the position of needing two wingers.

Ok, so if N'zogbia does join, are we going to rely on Albrighton as our other winger? Great player - huge fan of his, but is he ready to play a whole season?

*Puts negative hat on*

N'Zogbia really should have been Young's replacement, not Downing's. Timing of deals clearly demonstrates the reluctance of Randy to free up entirety of Young's transfer proceeds for incoming transfer dealings.

Great player though.

It shows nothing of the sort. All it shows is the deal hasn't been done, it's not an indicator of how much money is available to be spent, or the source of that money.

Plaeyrs have only returned from holiday in the last 10 days or so.

I'm glad Downings gone, he was playing for himself not the club, Eck got rid, N'Zogbia's an upgrade, Ash was professional all the way through and didn't lie, so he'll get warm receptions when he returns.

And I think Marc Albrighton has proved he is ready to make the step up, ask Patrice Evra.

*Puts negative hat on*

Great player though.

It shows nothing of the sort. All it shows is the deal hasn't been done, it's not an indicator of how much money is available to be spent, or the source of that money.

*Puts negative hat on*

Great player though.

To me, the timing shows that the NZogbia deal WAS very much dependent on the Downing deal going through. Which begs the question that if Downing didnt go, who would have come in to replace Young, because i'm not convinced it would have been N'Zogbia.

*Puts negative hat on*

Great player though.

Not often, butI totally disagree Shillzz

The timing tells me this is not the Downing money!!

*Puts negative hat on*

Great player though.

So you agree by disagreeing, interesting.

*Puts negative hat on*

Great player though.

So you'd say that the timing would indicate that the NZogbia deal was in place with the Young money and that it was being held up by Liverpool's reported interest (in CNZ), which wouldnt go away untill they signed Downing?

Plausible.

If we spend Young's money then i'll happily be proven wrong.

*Puts negative hat on*

Great player though.

So you agree by disagreeing, interesting.

Youve lost me POB??

Im saying I believe we are using the young money for Nzogbia