SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

I'm really excited by N'Zogbia replacing Downing. Downing is a very boring player, gets the ball and puts a cross in most of the time, all well and good, but very predictable. N'Zogbia can cross (maybe not as good as Downing), runs at defenders and shoots and scores some cracking goals.

Sky reporting that Villa have bid just short of the full £10m asking price. Don't play silly buggers with pennies Villa. Just get this sorted pronto.

Plus SunDeanScogginsDean Scoggins

A big-name player was at Bodymoor Heath for most of the afternoon too. #avfc

Besides Given? Not Joe Cole though please.

Scott Dann.........it makes sense, with the Cuellor sale.

He was on a wind-up. It was Shay Given all along.

Sky reporting that Villa have bid just short of the full £10m asking price. Don't play silly buggers with pennies Villa. Just get this sorted pronto.

Totally agree with this. Come on Villa, if we are willing to pay £3m compo to get AMc in as our manager.....DO NOT fuss over an extra million for someone as talented as Nzogbia. It is needed. Get it done.

That's a good video and sums up his season pretty well. He's certainly a player I've always thought would be good for our team. At times watching him I thought he was better than AY. He kept to his feet more, he made more FK's on target, and his technical ability is pretty outstanding.

Really hope we get him. I'd take Rodallega too fwiw.

We already know that they rejected our original bid because it was under the £10m valuation. Just up it and we have him. Simples.

Thats what everyone would do except our board :)

Not when Wigan's valuation in January was £9 million....