SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Evertons last signing which wasn't a free transfer was John Heitinga in August 2009, they do not have money.

Or they had (or have) money but they did not want to spent it because they thought the best they could do is finish 6th or 7th anyway... which they did. Probably a wise decision?

Evertons last signing which wasn't a free transfer was John Heitinga in August 2009, they do not have money.

Or they had (or have) money but they did not want to spent it because they thought the best they could do is finish 6th or 7th anyway... which they did. Probably a wise decision?

Try saying that to David Moyes who year on year has his squad decimated by injuries, but doesn't have the depth to deal with it.

Or are you just in denial?

Well I don't know. But I'm not sure they don't have the money. Everton are a big club (like Villa). Aren't they?

Everton are of a similar size to Aston Villa yes. Except, according to the entire footballing world and according to the evidence presented over the last few years, they don't have any money. They don't have a billionaire owner and they haven't sold anyone to raise the funds.

They're skint. Show me a single shred of evidence to suggest otherwise.

My brother knows a few people involved in finance and he was told last year that the rumour is Everton nearly went to the wall.

Not only do they not have money to spend, they are just about keeping their head above water.

Well I don't know. But I'm not sure they don't have the money. Everton are a big club (like Villa). Aren't they?

Everton are of a similar size to Aston Villa yes. Except, according to the entire footballing world and according to the evidence presented over the last few years, they don't have any money. They don't have a billionaire owner and they haven't sold anyone to raise the funds.

So the difference is a (/our) billionaire owner who realized that top6 is out of reach no matter how much you spend in the trasnsfer market (or who you appoint your next manager)?

I don't believe Everton are skint and I think Randy knows we don't have enough _anything_ to compete with the top6.

So for nzogbia it's 50/50.

Try saying that to David Moyes who year on year has his squad decimated by injuries, but doesn't have the depth to deal with it.

Or are you just in denial?

If we have a pre-season sub-bench team:

Marshall

--------------

Lichaj

Beye

Clark

Lowry

---------------

Bannan

Herd

Johnson

Delph

---------------

Delfouneso

Agbonlahor

and the manager is talking about signing ONE player ... shoot!

So the difference is a (/our) billionaire owner who realized that top6 is out of reach no matter how much you spend in the trasnsfer market (or who you appoint your next manager)?

I don't believe Everton are skint and I think Randy knows we don't have enough _anything_ to compete with the top6.

They have said so themselves and have been every season for the past about 6 seasons.... :?

No, the difference is Everton do not have any money and you don't have any evidence to the contrary.

Maz's comment above is just one of many.

Who cares what Randy's long term ambitions are when it comes to signing THIS particular player? We have the money for N'Zogbia, that much is evident.

My brother knows a few poeople involved in finance and he was told last year that the rumour is Everton nearly went to the wall.

Not only do they not have money to spend, they are just about keeping their head above water.

Retweet button.. oops sorry we haven't got one of those on here.

THIS!!

That's unfortunate, I've always liked Everton. I guess they are pretty unattractive for potential buyers.

Without turning this into the Everton thread, I find it bizzare that they've not been met with more interest. Decent size club, solid fan base, not a bad squad on the whole and a good/excellent manager who is clearly entrenched in the club.

They're looking to sell no doubt, yet nobody wants to buy. I just don't know why.

They have said so themselves and have been every season for the past about 6 seasons.... :?

Stragedy. I believe that's what we are going to hear for the next about 6 seasons (?).

Erm...We're skint as well now. We've had to sell and release so many players this season just to sort out the wage bill. We're only looking at buying 1 more player, which would still leave us with -20m at least.

If Everton had sold two of their best players (or most valuable) this season, they'll be able to afford N'Zogbia no problem as well. Could still well happen if Arsenal buy Jagielka 15m-20m.

Moyes actually has quite a high net spend. It's definitely not negative, so Everton have spent money in the past.

It's bizzare how they still remain superior than us. Yeah, we have a better pitch and facilities, but they have a better manager and team. 7/9 seasons they've finished above us with Moyes.

Right, what do we know / assume....

Everton have to sell to buy.

Sunderland could afford him they will have to break their wage structure to land him.

Villa can afford him and if they swallow their pride can pay the asking price and also could outbid other clubs who might (and haven't to date) counter-bid.

Ergo I surmise that Villa are in pole position and this should be wrapped up soon. Id say 75% likely that he will be a Villa player within the week.

Does anyone really disagree?

Erm...We're skint as well now. We've had to sell and release so many players this season just to sort out the wage bill. We're only looking at buying 1 more player, which would still leave us with -20m at least.

If Everton had sold two of their best players (or most valuable) this season, they'll be able to afford N'Zogbia no problem as well. Could still well happen if Arsenal buy Jagielka 15m-20m.

Moyes actually has quite a high net spend. It's definitely not negative, so Everton have spent money in the past.

It's bizzare how they still remain superior than us. Yeah, we have a better pitch and facilities, but they have a better manager and team. 7/9 seasons they've finished above us with Moyes.

Yep, very bizzare.... :)