Snow Watch!

trekka

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big orange sphere has just appeared in the sky, it's very bright
That'll be Gingerlad. Oh no, hang on, you said it's very bright. Dunno.

You're on form again today mate :-)

Airport authorities at Charles de Gaulle ordered part of Terminal 2E to be cleared of passengers because of fears that the roof might collapse under the weight of 60cm (2ft) of snow.

In 2004, the same roof collapsed shortly after the terminal opened, killing four people.

• 3 weeks later...

South Carolina Governor just declared a state of emergency. 6 inches of snow overnight, now sleet and freezing rain. School out today and tomorrow for sure.

View from my front door:

snow1f.jpg

Just dusted the evo off to go the store for beer to tide me over. Worst conditions I have ever seen in SC in 12 years. Roads are almost undriveable:

snow2i.jpg

Have you heard anybody on the radio complaining about the roads and/or public transport yet? Usually at the local airport where they will find somebody who lives in Winnipeg or Helsinki saying that the people back home deal with snow just fine.

Have you heard anybody on the radio complaining about the roads and/or public transport yet? Usually at the local airport where they will find somebody who lives in Winnipeg or Helsinki saying that the people back home deal with snow just fine.

....or an Englishman "we barely notice it any more!"

• 9 months later...

Getting an early start this season...

Issued by The National Weather Service

Boston, MA

Sat, Oct 29, 2011, 6:53 PM EDT

... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM EDT SUNDAY...

* LOCATIONS... SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE... WESTERN AND CENTRAL MASSACHUSETTS AS WELL AS NORTHERN CONNECTICUT.

* HAZARD TYPES... HEAVY WET SNOW AND STRONG WINDS.

* ACCUMULATIONS... 12 TO 16 INCHES OF SNOW.

* TIMING... SNOW WILL CONTINUE FALLING HEAVY AT TIMES WITH 1 TO 2 INCH PER HOUR SNOWFALL RATES. SNOW WILL TAPER OFF INTO SUNDAY MORNING.

* IMPACTS... HEAVY WET SNOW AND STRONG WINDS WILL RESULT IN TREE DAMAGE... POWER OUTAGES... AND ROAD CLOSURES. UNTREATED ROADWAYS WILL BECOME SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY.

* WINDS... NORTH 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH.

* TEMPERATURES... AROUND 30.

* VISIBILITIES... ONE QUARTER MILE OR LESS AT TIMES.

Â