Snow Watch!

trekka

Yeah I work in the sorting office at Worcester, it's been in shit state the last week or so at our place, the snow and ice the last few days hasn't helped with deliveries and collections either.

We got battered on our shift tonight, we got two and a half days work thrown at us in one lot, **** nightmare it's been.

I can't speak for other offices, but would say it's pretty much the same everywhere.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How useless is the council?! Dont leave a big tub of grit by the side of the road! Grit the thing so we can move safely! I was in Finland once, it was covered in snow and ice. People were riding bikes across vast iced over lakes. Public transport was grand, the planes were great and even side roads were clear.

But here? What a joke.

Yeah I work in the sorting office at Worcester, it's been in shit state the last week or so at our place, the snow and ice the last few days hasn't helped with deliveries and collections either.

We got battered on our shift tonight, we got two and a half days work thrown at us in one lot, **** nightmare it's been.

I can't speak for other offices, but would say it's pretty much the same everywhere.

I applied for one of the temp jobs there over Xmas as my contract where I work now was finishing but my application status hasn't changed for ages.

You wouldn't happen to know a number I could ring to find out where my post is mate?

Depends where you live, what postcode area I mean, some of the mail is delivered from Westbury St, the rest from our place up at Blackpole. If it's Blackpole 01905 752222, Westbury St, 724100. Is your post special delivery or normal 1st class?

That would be Broadway then? Your office would rely on whatever was sent from us, as we process the mail before it gets to you. There would be no point in ringing our place, only your local office, just had a look online and the post office in the high streets number is 01386 853377, you could try starting there.

If it's first class, then you can only wait untill it gets to you, it's an impossible task trying to look for individual items whilst we're snowed under like we are.

Not what you really want to hear I don't suppose, if it makes you feel better, I too am waiting for a few parcels, one of them is a guaranteed item that I should have received two days ago..

Just got to work and seen very little snow falling, missus calls me in a bit of a mild panic saying its coming down by the bucket load back at Tamworth and its instantly covered all the local roads. BBC forecast says heavy snow right up till 3pm...

Yeah, its come down shit loads in the last hour, the main roads are completely covered. BBC says it'll stay snowing heavy till 3pm

You work in near town dont you Neil? North Brum?

No, I work near Wariwck 43 miles away, just worried if I don't leave now I'll get stranded somewhere... :?

Â