Snow Watch!

trekka

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit more overnight - so official backstep measure is reading 19-20 inches down

Still a bit rubbish here Ian, sadly. Just a few more flakes overnight.

All main roads are fine, and most side streets too.

However, as I live 20+ miles from work in Manchester, I have decided to have a 'snow day' anyway. Well, "work" from home that is.

Snowing very heavily again here in the Peak district - people who foolishly cleaned their drives and paths are now having to do it again. Just had to go out and clear a snow drift that was weighing down the phone line, hit it with a long pole and a pile of it dropped on my head - missus is at least laughing now :-)

Snowing very heavily again here in the Peak district - people who foolishly cleaned their drives and paths are now having to do it again. Just had to go out and clear a snow drift that was weighing down the phone line, hit it with a long pole and a pile of it dropped on my head - missus is at least laughing now :-)

Hopefully she's still outside though!? :winkold:

There was a bloke on Ssn last night at a rugby ground in Newcastle, claiming there was at least a foot and a half of snow on the pitch. It was barely deep enough to cover his shoes.

Light dusting in North Devon today, nothing more. BBC reported on the news this morning that North Devon had the heaviest snow in the region.

It's time people grew some balls and got on with it.

6 inches or so here last night and it's still coming!

Same here in Blazingstoke, though thankfully it's stopped snowing.

I've used the opportunity to wear some particularly muddy boots, deep snow does wonders for getting 'em clean. 8)

Was planning to work from home again today - even though the roads looked clear and the sun was shining. Checked my email and discovered this:

"Due to the continuing adverse weather conditions the University will remain closed tomorrow, Thursday, 2 December. As such colleagues do not need to take a day's leave or work the time back afterwards".

:hooray:

Morning, snow fans!

Had a message this morning saying work was hoping to open the site at 1pm (I thought: yeah, right!). Just had another message that it will be shut all day and not expecting to open until at least noon tomorrow (with only essential staff being allowed in).

Two snow days then!

Still snowing here, I thought it was petering out but its just got heavy again :)

Â