Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the **** are people blaming Friedel for this. He has had no protection and made two very good saves.

Amen. Brad has been left horribly exposed too many times today. Too many times this season in fact.

I'll make more of a comment on our dire team after this crap is over, but to cut it short we just have a number of players who are just not cut out for this level.

Some of them I'd dock a weeks wages for this disgraceful performance.

This performance is one of the worst I've seen in years.

Really I've seen worse in the last few weeks and a few that stick in the mind as being worse too. It is a very very good Arsenal playing against a very very weak Villa midfield and that is THE difference.

Such as? When have we played worse than this other than Newcastle this season?

This isn't a very very good Arsenal side at all, its decent but far from being very very good. (Edit - I mean by Arsenal standards)

We are terrible.

As for what the difference is, yes I'd noticed. Your point being what? Does that detract from the fact this is a really poor display?

we seem to have a lot of clowns dont we? the grass is always greener. it's amazing when carlos dont play and we struggle he turns into the most amazing cb in the world, when in reality the reason he is not a regular is because when he has played he has been shit.

Or maybe its because he was an ever present in our team when we had one of the best defences in the league. In fact the two games he missed last season we conceded 2 and 7. This season the only game i remember him playing was the 2-1 against wolves where he defended pretty well.

Friedel; Dunne; Collins; Warnock and Carew are the five most experienced players in our team and also today our worst. They - along with Ash and Downing - need to look in the mirror and ask themselves if they care enough because it looks like they don't.

I remember arsenal doing this to us during dols time here. I thought those days were gone

I remember that too. I think that Arsenal side were the best I have ever seen in the Premier League though. It was the invincibles of Henry, Bergkamp, Viera, Cole and, er, Pires. The current Arsenal team is a good one but not a patch on those guys. Back then we were beaten by genius, today we have been shite.

The defence deserve criticism and have been poor, but it shouldn't go without mention that Arsenal have ran through our CM with impunity, our CM have offered Dunne and Collins very little protection. Not much Houllier could've done about the selection but his tactical set up seems to be extremely naive against the best passers in the Prem.