The Dark Knight Rises - Spoilers marked please!

Chindie

But theres a reason ledger got an oscar, not just anyone could have done that performance, plus imo it just wouldnt seem right

They could just introduce the mutants make them a little more sinister and drag it out, wouldnt have the old man angle that the comic had though

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it still Bale?

Yes, it's still Bale.

Brumerican, they will stick to characters from the comic, as it would otherwise drive the fanboys mad. This would in turn most likely make the film lose money...

Tom Hardy is one of my favourite newer actors. Has a unique and very distinctive voice. And as for playing a baddy, well the first prominent role I saw him in was as Shinzon in Nemesis.

tom-hardy-as-praetor-shinzon-captain-picards-clone.JPG

TDK is one of my favourite films (though admittedly because of Ledger's performance). I will definitely be going to see this.

Is it still Bale?

Yes, it's still Bale.

Brumerican, they will stick to characters from the comic, as it would otherwise drive the fanboys mad. This would in turn most likely make the film lose money...

Good, I like Bale.

Poison Ivy. Heavily tweaked she could be done in Nolan's universe but she'd bare pretty much no relation to the comic character other than some fascination with plants, so I'm unsure if he'd put her as the villain. Maybe spun as an environmental terrorist, someone corrupted in their desire to do good becoming an evil... but that might infringe on the terrorist like aspects of his Joker concept in the Dark Knight.

Whatever, I think Nolan and his brother have a task on their hands with this one, covering now ground, bettering TDK, and managing to fit it all in with the comic book ethos is going to be tough.

I've a suspicion that the film will focus much more heavily on Batman than TDK which might help them out with the villain not needing to be such a presence.

Well, I didn't say it'd be without a villain. I said that the villain might not need to be such a presence, the reverse of TDK if you want, where Batman played second fiddle to the Joker who dominates the film. You'd still need a villain but that villain would be more equatable to Scarecrow/Ra's Al Ghul in the first, a film that was much more about the development of Batman than it was about his fight against crime.

but we've now seen the rise/development/backstory of Batman (in Batman Begins), so it would be hard to do another story with the focus on Batman.

unless its developing the relationship with that girl... which would be terrible.

and i hated the actress who played the girl in the second film, please don't let her be in the 3rd film.

It would be about his time in the shadows that he found himself in post TDK and his rise again (as the title says...), that would all be further development of the character of Batman.

Which girl do you mean? Rachel Dawes? She's dead.

Which girl do you mean? Rachel Dawes? She's dead.

Maybe her sister Erin?

:oops: :winkold: :lol:

Red card worthy in my world ;)

Anywho... one villain that might work that is new to the scene is Hush

hush.jpg

...who is effectively the antithesis of Batman, and with the more extreme elements of his character toned down, might be workable. Could be a bit dull though.

Basing it off Knightfall mightn't be the best thing ever - a Batman film that opens with Batman being crippled and spending a vast portion of it completely out of action mightn't make the best stuff for a film.

Plus Bane as a character is a bit stupid, the whole 'Venom serum' thing doesn't fit in that well witha more plausible reality.

And the character has bad connections with the dreadful Batman and Robin.

True batman can't be crippled but I do think the character of bane could be used. I thought his story of being born in a dirty jail and growing up there was brilliant, I also thought the venom thing was explained well, more in the book than the comic.

Â