The Dark Knight Rises - Spoilers marked please!

Chindie

After seeing it twice in normal cinema, I saw it in IMAX last night. There really is no comparison. It blows away the normal cinema screenings. Not just visually but the sound was incredible. Bane's voice was mixed so much better and consistant, but the overall sound, the subwoofering was superb.

And it gets better with each watch. The key is that, unlike the first two which plant reality into them, this is Nolan doing a 'comic book' movie.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree with that. It felt a bit more cheesy (i use that word too much I think) and much more along the same lines as The Avengers in parts (although still different enough to be considerably better). A lot closer to a comic book movie.

One problem I had, even though I was at IMAX so the sound was superb, I did struggle to understand Bane at times.

finally saw it last night.

loved it. Slots in at number 2 for me, 1>3>2. Glad it dialed back the action of 2 and had more of the character stuff of one. Very satisfying conclusion. Had no problem with it at all really, although I want to see it again because the main twist caught me out entirely, so will be interesting to see if it was telegraphed earlier on.

When Bane asks during the mass board member court scene to "bring the girl to me" I clocked she was in cahoots with the baddies. Wasn't sure how, but the twist was spoiled for me. Ultimately didn't matter to my enjoyment of the movie.

Â