The Dark Knight Rises - Spoilers marked please!

Chindie

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're going to have to tinker Bane to work I think.

Very surprised he's gone down the Catwoman route. Very happy for Anne Hathaway to get the part though, phwoar.

Yeah quite a bit I think but if anyone can I'm sure it's Nolan and his team.

I was hoping for some Naomi Watts action too, FIT.

I want Scarecrow!

Although his backstory is alittle weak, hes a class villian..

a pure psycho with a penchant for mind altering drugs is very dark.

batman would be **** up at least once in that movie, i want it to happen.

I want Scarecrow!

Although his backstory is alittle weak, hes a class villian..

a pure psycho with a penchant for mind altering drugs is very dark.

batman would be **** up at least once in that movie, i want it to happen.

Well he was in Begins and The Dark Knight (although a small cameo) so I wouldn't be shocked to see him somewhere in the next film.

I have to day Dark Knight was owned by the Joker, Heath Ledger was utterly superb in that. And all in all it was a tense, superb film.

I need to watch Begins again, haven't seen it in years.

who the hell is bale?

catwoman is that for real? god this is gonna flop

should have been penguin or riddler all the way

He means Bane, not Bale. In the comics, thats this fella

Bane.png.

His back story is that he was raised in an prison in South America for tedious narrative reasoning, during which time he has plenty of time to develop his natural skills - he's very intelligent and also bloody strong and likes murdering people. He eventually gets used a test subject for a chemical with a silly name (Venom) that he gets addicted to and makes him even more immensely strong. He eventually gets it into his head he needs to kill Batman for even more tedious reasons.

A lot of Batman fans love the character, he's one of the newer roster (I say newer, he's got to be knocking on for 20 years now) of Batman enemies and got a lot of love for being in a storyline where he cripples Batman by snapping his back over his knee. Personally, I think the character is bollocks if you follow the comic canon. He appeared in the god awful Batman and Robin as a glorified henchman.

The problem with your other suggestions Dem is this. The Penguin you either play really straight, which the newer comics have done - which means he ends up just being a gangster with a funny look, or you play it over the top in which case you get Danny De Vito in Batman Returns. And the Riddler is way, way, way too close to the Joker, especially if you play him 'realistically' like Nolan did with Joker - in fact that interpretation of the Joker borrows a bit of the Riddler's gimmick arguably in the trials he puts Batman through in TDK the only difference really is that the Riddler asks the question, and the Joker just set the task.

I'm surprised they've gone down the Catwoman route (although to be fair the Warner Bros announcement doesn't expressly state she'll play Catwoman... she does play the character who becomes Catwoman - it's possible he's just named the character as an Easter Egg for the fans... but probably not). I think they may try to play her differently too, bring her in as someone who's took it on herself to replace Batman as he has been made into the enemy at the end of TDK, and ends up being an antihero. That lines been played in the comics before but may work in Nolans universe. Done right, I can see it working. Not sure about Hathaway being able to pull it off but ****, leather catsuit + anne hathaway = eyes on stalks and tongues on the carpet.

How they do Bane I really am looking forward to seeing because that character is going need a lot of squeezing into Nolans vision of Batman to remain anywhere near faithful to the original concept of the character whatsoever. I can't see Nolan picking up the Venom serum crap, and I can't really see him sticking to the back story and the abilities of the character, because it's all a bit too silly and stupid.

who the hell is bale?

catwoman is that for real? god this is gonna flop

Just quoted this for when its not a flop, not a chance!

Absolutely spot on.

I'm intrigued as to what Nolan is going to do with Tom Hardy & Bane, I suspect something hugely dark.

I cannot wait for this film.

Â