The Dark Knight Rises - Spoilers marked please!

Chindie

Hathaway as Catwoman will be brilliant. Firstly she is bloody hot and secondly she's a very good actress. I can't wait to see her in the suit. Meeeow! :D

On the other hand, Bane is a good character. Just as long as the Schumacher route isn't taken....

baneeee.jpg

My oh my, that was a shit Batman film!

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hathaway as Catwoman will be brilliant. Firstly she is bloody hot and secondly she's a very good actress. I can't wait to see her in the suit. Meeeow! :D

On the other hand, Bane is a good character. Just as long as the Schumacher route isn't taken....

baneeee.jpg

My oh my, that was a shit Batman film!

Bloody hell that was one of the worst films ever.

Arnie as Mr.Freeze = :(

So excited I've wanted the bane character ever since I read the knightfall book. I recommend people to read the book as it goes into so much more detail than the graphic novel.

Be interesting to see what he does with bane but if anyone can do it Nolan can.

• 3 months later...
I think Hardy will be an exceptional villain. Anyone who saw him in Bronson or The Take will attest to that.

Yep- gave Bronson a mention in the 'recommend me a film' thread - he was awesome in it!

Still on Hardy - he's just finished filming 'Warrior' about cage fighting too, should be pretty decent!

who the hell is bale?

catwoman is that for real? god this is gonna flop

Just quoted this for when its not a flop, not a chance!

Absolutely spot on.

I'm intrigued as to what Nolan is going to do with Tom Hardy & Bane, I suspect something hugely dark.

I cannot wait for this film.

Me too.

Catwoman sounds intriguing.

• 1 month later...

Loads of filming going on for this at the moment in and around Nottingham. And a couple of weeks back they were filming in Croydon, where...

CROYDON has been transformed into Gotham City as filming for the latest instalment of the Batman saga begins in the borough.

Cameras, lighting equipment and film sets have sprung up around Delta Point in Wellesley Road, West Croydon, for the latest tale involving the caped crusader.

An American-style taxi cab bearing the words Gotham Cabs has been seen on set and the former BT headquarters has been renamed Gotham General Hospital.

But actor Christian Bale – who plays the reclusive crime-fighting hero – has been kept well out of public view.

Film crew members have even tried to throw passers-by off the scent by saying that they are filming a baked beans advert.

One onlooker said he saw a dramatic car chase being filmed on set along with several rooftop shots involving the action hero.

The spectator also got a sneak peak of one of the characters crashing through a window of the building.

The onlooker said: "It's nice that Croydon is put on the map for the Batman film.

"Everything has been shot on the roof. They have great big cameras on the corner of Wellesley Road – and lights to light up the roof."

George Driver, 24, assistant manager of comic shop Forbidden Planet in West Croydon, said the filming was great publicity for the town.

And the store has been feeling the impact of a Hollywood blockbuster coming to town.

Mr Driver added: "We stock a lot of Batman masks and toys, so I think it's brought more people into this store and it's had a bit of an effect on our sales figures.

"Once fans knew the filming was in London they started playing detective like Batman and came to Croydon to try to find the film set."

The new Batman film is not the first movie to be shot in Croydon. Fairfield Halls was used in the opening scenes of the 2005 movie The Da Vinci Code, starring Tom Hanks.

And scenes from the British comedy Made In Dagenham were filmed in Croydon.

Cinemagoers may have recognised St George's Walk and George Street as settings in the film.

And apparently

Liam Neeson has filmed some scenes...

Some pretty interesting stuff. Especially if you know your Batman given details about characters we already know about and what the Croydon set was supposed to be...

There is also a rumour flying around that a stadium in Pittsburgh was going to used (and demolished) in the film, which City officials denied... however casting has been going on in the city for the film and including an awful lot of people being hired to be 'Sports Fans'.

Sadly it looks like my dreams of seeing Hathaway in a leather/PVC catsuit are to be dashed - her Catwoman is allegedly going to be based around her being a thief, and so she's going to be wearing a tight 'tactical' suit, with goggles.

Heres hoping she still looks hot.

• 2 weeks later...
Â