The Dark Knight Rises - Spoilers marked please!

Chindie

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope to god robin isnt in it

I've sure Nolan said he wasn't going to go anywhere near Robin. After Clooney played Batman gay (which was a brilliant idea :) ) Robin has no credibility and won't work with the revitialisation of this franchise.

Popular opinion suggests Black Mask.

Although Nolan has suggested that they are thinking of bringing a character back from earlier movies (or something along those lines). Hence my Zsacz suggestion.

Zsasz was involved in a small scene in a courtroom in BB, so I doubt he will be in the last film.

My money's on the Penguin, I could easily see Nolan turning him into a more realistic mega mob boss-like guy.

Do they have to stick to the comic book legacy ? Can they not just invent their own new villains ?

Inventing new villains defeats the whole point of making a Batman movie imo

Edit: Is the Penguin out yet? I revise my prediction - I think the Penguin would be in the minor villain role. I'd bet my money on Catwoman making an appearance...although I've found that female antagonists rarely play out well on film.

• 2 weeks later...

These ladies are being interviewed for 2 potential parts...

• [*:5c8443c320]Anne Hathaway
    [*:5c8443c320]Keira Knightley
    [*:5c8443c320]Blake Lively
    [*:5c8443c320]Natalie Portman
    [*:5c8443c320]Naomi Watts
    [*:5c8443c320]Rachel Weisz

Anne Hathaway - Yes please

Keira Knightley - Nice face, shit rack

Blake Lively - Have to say.... who?

Natalie Portman - meh.

Naomi Watts - Maybe

Rachel Weisz - Maybe

These ladies are being interviewed for 2 potential parts...

[*:ccb4efeb55]Anne Hathaway
    [*:ccb4efeb55]Keira Knightley
    [*:ccb4efeb55]Blake Lively
    [*:ccb4efeb55]Natalie Portman
    [*:ccb4efeb55]Naomi Watts
    [*:ccb4efeb55]Rachel Weisz

Most peoples' criticism of Knightley is that she doesn't have those 2 parts.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=25422

Seems like the new movie could be based on the graphic novel 'Prey' which I really haven't heard of.

But it involves Catwoman and Hugo Strange, and it does sound awesome. Maybe I should get a copy of the book.

Eddie Izzard as the Penguin!

I'm sorry, this just cracked me up. I would love to see that, perhaps not in a movie but in one of his stand-up acts. It'd be brilliant!

Heard rumours that Tom Hardy would be in this, and I think he could be really good as Strange.

Another villain a la Ra's al Ghul that the more casual fans like me probably haven't heard of, but sounds good, really good. If true of course.

Edit: Apparently he was one of the earliest villains as well, so plus some for the nostalgia factor.

• 1 month later...
Â