Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

Already sick of this bickering and I've only caught up over the last few pages. It's not an ideal situation, but he already has a job. If any of you left your job, you'd be expected to work through a notice period.

But nuts to common sense, let's just get to what you all want to say:

Houllier out, Phil Brown in. Anyone is better than no one. Right? ;)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already sick of this bickering and I've only caught up over the last few pages. It's not an ideal situation, but he already has a job. If any of you left your job, you'd be expected to work through a notice period.

Really, would you. What do you suspect would happen if you didn't?

But that's something rather different, isn't it?

You're asking, "What's the penalty?" as if that ought to determine whether the action ought to be undertaken.

That's how I'm seeing it, Snowy.

It's not a matter of "just do it because the penalties are small", it's a matter of principle. If the General is to be believed - and I see no reason not to - it is this kind principle that stopped us approaching other managers that have already committed to their clubs for this season.

We simply want to do things the right way, with full respect.

The comment on Gold about "pigs in mud" is another example of this.

I struggle to see what people are complaining about, tbh. After much comment on how the club "does not keep us informed" with the process of signing a new manager, they reveal Houllier at a press conference knowing that he cannot/will not start immediately....

... and now people are upset that he's not starting immediately! Another no-win situation for the club.

You're asking, "What's the penalty?" as if that ought to determine whether the action ought to be undertaken.

That's how I'm seeing it, Snowy.

It's not a matter of "just do it because the penalties are small", it's a matter of principle. If the General is to be believed - and I see no reason not to - it is this kind principle that stopped us approaching other managers that have already committed to their clubs for this season.

We simply want to do things the right way, with full respect.

Except, we've just gone and done the same only with a due amount of respect (i.e. respecting any notice period that M. Houllier negotiates with his current employers).

I don't see how different that would be with someone employed as a manager with, say, Everton or Ajax.

M. Houllier was probably quite committed (at least contractually and statutorily) with the FFF.

I struggle to see what people are complaining about, tbh. After much comment on how the club "does not keep us informed" with the process of signing a new manager, they reveal Houllier at a press conference knowing that he cannot/will not start immediately....

... and now people are upset that he's not starting immediately! Another no-win situation for the club.

Again, what a lot of people are complaining about is that no one (not even Houllier) seems to know when his employment will begin.

It's not like he left Fulham to manage us and decided to take charge of one last match.

It is a unique circumstance.

Unique in being left managerless 5 days before the season.

Unique in not having our new manager for an unknown period.

Unique in delaying the kit release.

How many unique things do we need to understand it's not actually unique at all, it's just the way the club's being run at the moment.

How is it the board's fault (or Houllier's) for the FFF making Houllier stay on for a week or two more? Not only that, but what exactly have the board done that's cheap? No new players were signed because we didn't have a manager! The Stoke game showed that getting a new manager in was far more important than just buying a couple of players. I'm so sick of this transfer window tourettes some fans seem to have.

Houllier has my full backing and support, as do the board. But, I tell you what, if Houllier's appointment doesn't prove to be successful for any reason I wouldn't half like it if we made Tony Pulis our next manager. The man showed some real character last night and his mere presence on the touchline lifted that team. To have your mother die ealier in the day and still be up for your job like he was is something quite special and dedicated. I think he is a very under-rated manager.

So were just a month into the season. We've been knocked out of Europe at the first hurdle (again), we've lost our manager, we've appointed a manager who will start at some point in the future.... maybe. We can't buy the kit, we've been thrashed by joke club Newcastle, we got a royal pounding by Everton and god only knows how we got all 3 points and now the latest installment is being embarrassed by Stoke City.

We're a proper mess at the moment. I hope GH moves us forward and doesn't just add to our woes

We're not a proper mess in the slightest, completely ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous at all. We have no manager, don't know when he's going to start, and the feeling of the board making it up as they go along is almost palpable.

If I left a place of work that I'd enjoyed working I'd try and be fair to them when taking a new job. I'm guessing he doesn't want to burn any bridges either.

I do feel the whole thing has been a farce however. Should have been handled better. The press conference was ridiculous

Doing things right - my arse. Doing things on the cheap and making a bodge of it should be our motto based on the last few weeks.

doing things on the cheap, was reported yesterday that GH is set to be our highest paid manager ever. £8m over 3 years.

Even if that is true, O'Neill was on £3m a year.

It's not ridiculous at all. We have no manager, don't know when he's going to start, and the feeling of the board making it up as they go along is almost palpable.

Jez, I agree. Lots of over reactions after a loss, as usual :yawn:

The truth is that we're not a world class team yet. We will win and lose, that's Aston Villa.

If we'd have drawn to Everton and drawn to Stoke then we'd probably still be happy with those points. But instead we've beaten Everton and lost to Stoke and still have more points than 2 draws would have given us.

Houllier is a great manager who will push us forward. You don't win leagues and cups by just being lucky.

Yes it is.

Are we in a relegation position, is it May, are we in masses of debt and have no future?

Nope.

Regardless of what happened last night we were 1 dive away from a draw after playing some cracking stuff at times. Signs that we're not completely shit in the slightest.

We have to wait a bit to get our manager because of law or after an agreement can be struck, regardless of how people try and trivialise it.

Â