NRC. Are you a fan or not?

BOF

Pick one  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• I am a fan
    • I am not a fan

ThornburyVilla's thread asks the question about whether any player has split the fans down the middle quite as much as the enigma that is Nigel Reo-Coker. The resulting discussion is fascinating and only goes to prove that probably no-one has.

As many have already contributed to that thread and may miss a newly-inserted poll, I create this one.

Are you a fan of Reo-Coker or are you not? It's as simple as that.

For the record, I am.

I'm glad when I see him on the teamsheet. I think he breaks up play and gets around the pitch and all that, but mostly when he gets the ball, he'll try to break forward a little bit rather than looking how far behind him he can play it, such is often the case with Petrov. I think if he gets a run of games, his confidence and belief in his runs forward with the ball will improve and we'll see a better player.

Always happy when I see he's playing. I'm a fan. Pity he gets so many yellow cards

I am a fan, for the role he plays he is solid. Although sometimes he needs to stay a bit more disciplined rather then think he's a box to box midfielder. He's a player I think we should keep for now, but if we were to lose him next summer there are plenty of players who can replace him.

Got an itch finger for the Poll's there Brian ;)

It's not as simple as am I a fan or not. I'll break it down, he is not good enough to play in a 4 man midfield, he doesn't have the all round game required.

But he is a player to do a job, if we were away from home against a top 8 team and went with a 5 man midfield he'd be in the team.

He has his uses and the £8mil he cost us isn't too much more than he's worth, he is still young. But will always be limited.

So I didn't vote as I'm in the middle of the two.

Got an itch finger for the Poll's there Brian ;)

It's not as simple as am I a fan or not. I'll break it down, he is not good enough to play in a 4 man midfield, he doesn't have the all round game required.

But he is a player to do a job, if we were away from home against a top 8 team and went with a 5 man midfield he'd be in the team.

He has his uses and the £8mil he cost us isn't too much more than he's worth, he is still young. But will always be limited.

So I didn't vote as I'm in the middle of the two.

Yes agree with this.

A 4-4-2 with him and Petrov as the central two is limited but if we're playing 4-2-3-1 he should always be the one sitting with Petrov, not Ireland.

Might aswell play him anyway as he's in the last year of his contract, probably won't sign an extension (unless the new manager's Pardew!) so I don't see the point of him just sitting on the bench.

Not a fan.... but it is fascinating to see how this debate has grown. it still frustrates me to see what he cant do, though i understand what people argue he does do. Could it be Petrov's fault that he ends up in positions he shouldn't be, Is it be the manager's fault for not stopping him playing forward, and for picking him and Petrov together, or is the coaching team's fault for not teaching him how to shoot or hit a decent pass when the goals is gaping? He would make a great movie villain with such a fascinating split following

No way he'll sign an extension. Delph will be ahead of him and Reo knows he can get a very good deal financially if he goes on a Bosman. Plus he can sign with whoever he wants. Cert to go work with Sam at Blackburn, Sam would love him.

Â