NRC. Are you a fan or not?

BOF

Pick one  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• I am a fan
    • I am not a fan

If there was an option saying absolutely 110% not, I would've ticked it. I'm a bit surprised he's got so many fans. If we didn't have so few options, I'd like him sold asap.

Preach.

I'm enjoying the poll results :D

If there was an option saying absolutely 110% not, I would've ticked it. I'm a bit surprised he's got so many fans. If we didn't have so few options, I'd like him sold asap.

Preach.

Are you asking me to spread the word Chindie?

Lots of people believe in the Bible.

Indeed, I beseech you sir, go forth, through this land, and preach the word, that the Sainted Nigel is shite, and should henceforth not sully our shirt nor sour our glorious pitch, nor spread his lies, and that his followers be condemning themselves to an eternity of mediocrity, and poor passing, and atrocious forward play, and touches to shame a rapist that hasn't had any in quite some time, and lo, just generally all round a bit shite play.

Spread the holy word sir.

Indeed, I beseech you sir, go forth, through this land, and preach the word, that the Sainted Nigel is shite, and should henceforth not sully our shirt nor sour our glorious pitch, nor spread his lies, and that his followers be condemning themselves to an eternity of mediocrity, and poor passing, and atrocious forward play, and touches to shame a rapist that hasn't had any in quite some time, and lo, just generally all round a bit shite play.

How sad. :lol:

Lmao, haven't really got the time tbh, but it's a good idea.

He has a very poor first touch, reasonably poor second through to last touches, clunky dribbling, terrible decision making, shite passing, next to no creative ability but he covers a lot of ground, provides a good physical presence, is disciplined positionally and well drilled in pressuring the opposition.

He's pretty much a midfield Heskey.

I can't say I'd be distraught if he didn't play very often tbh.

He has a very poor first touch, reasonably poor second through to last touches, clunky dribbling, terrible decision making, shite passing, next to no creative ability but he covers a lot of ground, provides a good physical presence, is disciplined positionally and well drilled in pressuring the opposition.

He's pretty much a midfield Heskey.

I can't say I'd be distraught if he didn't play very often tbh.

I don't think I've seen a worse footballer playing at this level before.

I like players that can break up play and NRC does have his positives, but his negatives far outweigh them. He just doesn't have the footballing brain for this level, IMO.

If he dropped his delusions of grandeur ('I'm a box to box to midfielder'...), learnt to be disciplined as a holding player, sitting in midfield and keeping it simple, learnt more positional play from that position, read the game from that position much better (rather than do what he does now, which is react to whats happening rather than snuff it out with his presence/position), learnt to nick the ball off a player like Petrov can, rather than steam in, learnt to control a ball with finesse, learnt how to hold possession, and never ever took a shot again in his life, I'd think he'd be great.

Sadly, what he actually does is steam into someone, either make a sliding tackle or just kick it off their toe to everywhere but his own possession, normally just into some free space for another runner from their end to grab onto (and thus starting the whole charade again until it falls to a Villa man or into touch). The times when he intercepts a pass, or is passed to, he 90% of the time either dwells on the ball for an age during which time he seems unable to control the thing and gets pounced on by everything within 20yards, buggering any approach play up, or if he chooses to run with it he punts it miles away from his foot, hasn't the vision or the skill to regularly create anything, and then cocks it up somehow. The amount of times he just runs towards goal and you just know not a thing is going through his head other than 'FORWARD!'. After which he either loses the ball or some other way **** up the attack and generally leaves us short, similar to Laursen when he went through his 'must head everything' phase, left holes all over the shop.

If he could manage to become a simple holding player, I'd be singing his praises.

If he could manage to become an Essien type all action mid, I'd be singing his praises.

Unfortunately, what he is, is a shit box to box player who thinks holding is beneath him, with **** all skill (and I believe the defensive side of the game is a skill, and it isn't all just tackling, it's positional) and atrocious technique at just about everything, and no brain. His endeavour is fantastic but we're past that. 'Trying' only gets you so far, at the sharp end you need to start backing it up with something else, and he can't. Or won't.

He is at best a squad player, ideally should have been out the door a while ago, and only hasn't been seemingly because we've been unable to purchase someone to make him obsolete, which is a travesty.

O'Neills worst signing, in my view, by miles. Big-ish money on potential he's never filled and never had threatened to fulfill. A decent season when we were still pretty mediocre, and the moment he had helped us past that point his first team use expired unless his potential became fulfilled and he became 'The Makelele with Legs'. He didn't.

Thats why I'm not a fan. (Though of course we've heard all that and the counters before...).

I'm not that surprised he's quite so liked. People love a trier, and those who look to be working hard.

wouldnt say worst MON signing as we got some use from him as Davies, Sidwell and Heskey were a lot worst.

Also how can you not forget that 1 man destruction of Bolton last year that is always highlighted in a NRC discussion

Â