NRC. Are you a fan or not?

BOF

Pick one  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• I am a fan
    • I am not a fan

Got an itch finger for the Poll's there Brian ;)

It's not as simple as am I a fan or not. I'll break it down, he is not good enough to play in a 4 man midfield, he doesn't have the all round game required.

But he is a player to do a job, if we were away from home against a top 8 team and went with a 5 man midfield he'd be in the team.

He has his uses and the £8mil he cost us isn't too much more than he's worth, he is still young. But will always be limited.

So I didn't vote as I'm in the middle of the two.

That's precisely what I wanted to avoid with the poll. I know there are countless discussions about countless things which is what the other thread caters for. This thread is more a ronseal type thread.

Whilst he plays for us, yes.

I don't particularly 'rate' him, though.

For the purposes of the poll/thread I think you are slightly missing the point.

To be honest since he arrived ages ago he aint played enough games for me cuz martin never played him.

However when he first joined from west ham he was more attacking minded midfielder and thought he wuld produce a fair amount of goals then MON started playing in a more holding role which IMO he at first struggled to adapt to which led him to sit on the sidelines for a long time and the bust up with MON didn't help!

Now after watching him playing a few games i still think he can be a bit sloppy at times however he also can be a good player.

So in conclusion i dont love or hate him if we are able to bring some faces in i would rather replace him with someone else and sell him on but i wouldn't complain if he stayed in the team.

What I don't get about the pass comments are that he won't give the ball any more or not much more than say Petrov, his range of passing isn't good but he doesn't give the ball away much. Which for someone who does a lot of defensive work and hard work around the pitch, surely releasing the ball short to other players is what he should be doing?

i loe him BUT I think i we swapped him and Petrofv (I.e. force NRC to be the out and out holder then we'd be a lot better, when NRC goes forward I expect nothing to happen. I'd just make him sit infront of the back 4 as a protectivfe shield.

I also lovfe petrovf but he's not as up em and at em like NRC but he can play a pass.

I'm a fan of his work rate.

Other than that, I think league 2 and conference players are better than him on the ball. Everytime we counter attack, the ball will get played to Nigel, and he will slow everything down and eventually (if he doesn't lose it) have to play the ball backwards due to the other team re-organising. When were playing with 5 in midfield i think he's great, because the other 2 centre mids can be the ball players. But he would never be my first choice.

squad player at very best, cant' pass and can't control the ball, no vision as seen when he got clear against everton and the defender fell over in the box and he kicked the ball straight at him

very average defensive midfielder

also has a bit of an attitude,

all in all not worth more than 4-5 games per season in a villa team if we want to progress

I am a fan, purely down to his workload and passion..

He lifts the younger players quite often.

i dont think his workload is that great, i'd like to see opta stats and see how much ground he covered in comparison to the other 3 midfielders against everton

I am a fan, purely down to his workload and passion..

He lifts the younger players quite often.

i dont think his workload is that great, i'd like to see opta stats and see how much ground he covered in comparison to the other 3 midfielders against everton

How can you question someone on stats when you say he can't pass. He might not have great vision or pass over long distances but he also rarely gives it away through a pass. Passing success if he starts is always above 80%

Â