Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Very very poor again today. He doesn't look half the player from last season. Doesn't look a threat at all and I don't buy the argument about not playing in his preferred position. He's playing the same role as last season.

He's got the traits of the next Luke Moore for me, worryingly...

Very very poor again today. He doesn't look half the player from last season. Doesn't look a threat at all and I don't buy the argument about not playing in his preferred position. He's playing the same role as last season.

Its not what Lambert thought.

Lambert is backed into a corner, he can't publicly criticise young players it will destroy them but probably should give them a kick up the ass in private. 

Lambert is backed into a corner, he can't publicly criticise young players it will destroy them but probably should give them a kick up the ass in private. 

No, Lambert believes the performances are so brilliant that they do not need to improve any aspects of their games. Seriously.

• Like 2

Yes but he specifically said Weimann was excellent along with Kozak so not sure its a case of him being backed into a corner.

He was lively, had a couple of decent runs and yep at least touched the ball a bit today.

But the crux is he just doesn't look a goal threat anymore. Interesting the Luke Moore comparison, I really hope not but 1 goal considering he scored what 15 in all competitions last season is very poor.

Think if I was him I'd go back to the basics and spend some time working on trapping the ball.

Maybe stay late after training and get someone to knock 5/10 yard passes in to me and just work on trapping it dead.

Been a big fan of his for a long time but the plug is out and it's draining away quickly

Loan him out to the Championship or continent for a month or 2?

A team on the continent would take him. If he could be loaned out to a team that would play him in his best position then he can hopefully impress and we might be able to get a decent fee for him. 

• Like 1

Loan him out to the Championship or continent for a month or 2?

A team on the continent would take him. If he could be loaned out to a team that would play him in his best position then he can hopefully impress and we might be able to get a decent fee for him. 

Yup, playing him in a wide position is just daft. It worked pretty ok at the end of last season thanks to his workrate, but he is a central limited striker.

Bremen, Hannover, Nürnberg and Freiburg all need strikers.

Ship him to Nürnberg on loan for the rest of the season and they give us Kiyotake for a reduced sum :)

• Like 1

Â