Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Next season is make or break for Delph. He needs to sort his fitness out and start producing on a consistent basis. If he can't then it's curtains. As for BB, can never see him him cutting it for us. Will be sold to a bottom half/championship side. Despite what people say, there is no place for a midfielder of his stature in the PL and he far too wasteful with the ball.

Next season is make or break for Delph. He needs to sort his fitness out and start producing on a consistent basis. If he can't then it's curtains. As for BB, can never see him him cutting it for us. Will be sold to a bottom half/championship side. Despite what people say, there is no place for a midfielder of his stature in the PL and he far too wasteful with the ball.

I agree, it is time he started showing his promise on a consistant basis at the top level. I think he is highly rated by the management, and he'll get a chance in pre season and early next season to stake his claim in his preferred CM slot. It will be up to him to take his chance.

Its been a stop start season for Delph after his LT injury. I think he will be a key player for us next season.

To date he has been most effective for us in the playmaker role:

------------ DCM ---------------

----------------- Delph ---------

----- ACM ----------------------

The best example I can remember was the first 30 minutes against Man U at home last season when he ran the show alongside Stan and Milner.

I am not sure he can play the DCM or the ACM at this point. For me this puts him in direct competition with Makoun and Bannan. I think he is better than both of them, again from what I have seen.

I agree with the above, he has to performing next season.. yes he has been injured etc but hopefully good pre season and a bit of rest in the summer should make him match fit and available to play for us next season onwards.. personally I haven't seen much of Delph and when I have he hasn't really shone out as much but alot of people seem to rate him highly so I look forward to seeing more of him hopefully during pre season onwards.

Its been a stop start season for Delph after his LT injury. I think he will be a key player for us next season.

The best example I can remember was the first 30 minutes against Man U at home last season when he ran the show alongside Stan and Milner.

I am not sure he can play the DCM or the ACM at this point. For me this puts him in direct competition with Makoun and Bannan. I think he is better than both of them, again from what I have seen.

Do you keep a template of that formation on your computer? If you don't, you should, it will save you time typing it out each time and you can just change the players depending on the thread.

The lads just come back from a really bad injury for pete's sake!. He was never going to do anything this season after that.

I agree to an extent that next season is a big one for him, but i can say the same for a lot of our other players, if not all of them, hence i think we can afford to be a little more patiant with the lad.

TBF I never said anything about his form to date. I said next season is where he proves whether he's top half prem player or not. Let's face it he cost a fair amoung for someone unproven and he, like others, need to justify that outlay. Yes, he had a bad injury but there are question marks against his fitness and I reiterate that if he doesn't make an impact next season it will be 'see you later'.

He hasn't played much for us and the games he's played in midfield for us, I seem to have missed quite a few of them.

The only game I can remember where he caught my attention was the Fiorentina game in pre-season two years ago, he was fantastic then.

Many here hold him in high regard so I guess there must be something special about him that I haven't noticed yet. I hope he stays injury free in the summer and next season because I'm excited to see him get a proper run.

Fabian Delph, where is he?

He likes to attck, he likes to have a pop on goal...The perfect replacements for Ashley Young???

Completely different player

Disagree with you.

Fabian Delph's best possition is the left side of the central midfield in an attacking role. Or on the left wing.These 2 possitions he played regular at Leeds United. Im pretty sure he played just behind the striker too.

For Villa he has played at LB and in CM, yet you can see he is itching to get forward when playing in both these roles. He was never a defensive minded player at Leeds.

He could be a perfect replacement for Ashley Young in the attacking central role just behind Bent.

Do you keep a template of that formation on your computer? If you don't, you should, it will save you time typing it out each time and you can just change the players depending on the thread.

:lol:

He forgot "'er".

:lol:

He forgot "'er".

Its not on my template!! :winkold:

• 4 weeks later...

Not great today. One or two nice touches and passes but his overall contribution was below what is expected.

There is a good player in there somewhere. A good run of games and I think we will see it.

I wasnt that impressed by him at all, his ball control and was poor and I could only remember one fairly good pass in the first half, he has a real dangly kind of run on him. I think he'll come good though with the right amount of game time.

Still think he's a good player, as you say didn't really get that much into the game where as some very nice touches at times. Wasn't really 'his game'...in the way from about 30 minutes onwards, we were just in our own half defending for the whole game.

Next season is huge for him and the first time he will get a full pre-season at Villa under his belt and also at an age where you need to start progressing.

Hope he gets a big run of games in main pre-season fixtures.

Â