Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Wasn't that mad until someone just mentioned that he may have received a sign on bonus in January. Is that possible?

why would that annoy you? surely its a simple equation? if money earnt by selling him is greater than the increase in wages + signing on fee. its worth it?

If he does leave I think he's a useless selfish bastard and we can pick up players better than him down the labour exchange. Didn't expect any loyalty, didn't get any. 

If he stays, it will be the best news of the summer and prove critical to our pushing on and shows just what an excellent vibe is being built at this club that world class talent wants to stay and play for the badge.

I shall pop back to the thread in a few weeks and quote one of those two lines.

• Like 3

meh for me will go down with likes of Nigel Reo Coker or Gavin McCann in list of Villa midfielders. Very average

Behave yourself Zatman, he's twice as good and half again as those two put together!!!

We all feel let down, but that's like getting dumped by Mila Kunis then calling her a minger.

Edited by wazzap24

So he signed a new contract, but we're still making a loss on him? Only at Villa. Gutted. Prove me wrong Fabian :(

huh how have we made a loss on him? is his wages in 6months + signing on fee greater than 8mil?

Edited by gharperr

Anyone saying delph is average is kidding themselves. This is a massive blow for us

but he is. James MIlner/ Gareth Barry they were top class midfielders. Have to be deluded to think Delph is anywhere near that level

• Like 1

Obviously very disappointed if this is true. I don't blame him for going to a bigger club for much more money as we are hardly much of a draw as a club and would never match those wages. He has been bought to fill a quote and is dirt cheap in the mega bucks world of Man City. He will always believe he will be a starter for them as he will back himself.

Having said that the two observations I would make are:

Why give all the bull when he signed in January?

Let's not forget we paid Leeds £6m rising to £8m and we are now getting £8.5m. So we have developed him from a promising League 1 player to full international for basically no gain. We are either mugs to have agreed to such a low release fee or mugs to have paid that price or both,

Anyone saying delph is average is kidding themselves. This is a massive blow for us

but he is. James MIlner/ Gareth Barry they were top class midfielders. Have to be deluded to think Delph is anywhere near that level

i dont think hes average. His potential is pretty good!. We started to see it a bit more in the last 6 months. he would just fall under "quite good" for me. But he is nowhere near good enough for city.

Edited by gharperr

It's a massive blow because the quality isn't there in the squad, hes nowhere near the level of some players whom have left is recent years.

• Like 1

Oh well, cheerio Fab, you talk a good game but like the rest of the squad you have to take some of the blame for the last few years. At least you had a bit of class and let the club get a fee for you, and thanks for the last couple of years where you had improved and gave us some decent performances. Enjoy the rest at Man Citeh, don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.

He looked good for us because of how shite our team is. He was the one midfielder in the whole squad who you could describe as being half decent.

It's a big step up for him.

• Like 1

meh for me will go down with likes of Nigel Reo Coker or Gavin McCann in list of Villa midfielders. Very average

/quote]

Behave yourself Zatman, he's twice as good and half again as those two put together!!!

We all feel let down, but that's like getting dumped by Mila Kunis then calling her a minger.

I really dont think he is much better. In last 10-15 years Barry, Milner, Davis, Hendrie,Taylor even Hitzlsperger were all better centre midfielders for Villa than Delph has been

especially as worst stat of all for me is he has scored same amount of league goals for club as Gavin McCann 

Â