Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

If he does go, I'll be gutted and pissed off especially after those quotes when he signed. And that kit launch picture of him with the armband will look even sillier. Oh well, that's modern football. Hope he rots on their bench.

• Like 1

You absolute liar Delph, lost so much respect for you, I could maybe understand if this was next summer but few months after?

Loyalty in football is dead.

It's only a lie if he didn't believe it, and I for one think he meant every word. How the hell does anyone turn down 25m over 4 years though?

I get your point but the math is all wrong, he wasn't playing at Villa for free.

Nothing wrong with the maths. If the reports are correct, he's been offered 25m over 4 years. What he earned at Villa has nothing to do with that at all. Do you honestly think any player of Fabian Delph's ability and history would be right in the head to turn down that kind of money to play for a club like Man City?

The vitriol is because, seemingly, a lot of people on here are absolute idiots with no idea about perspective and seemingly incapable of rational thought

He's a man who kicks a football for a living. Calling him "scum" for moving to kick a football for another team is what I'd expect from a 10 year old

Yeah, you've missed the point. Seriously, it's about the video and the quotes, that's the basis for the anger.

I mean, someone even posted an image explaining it, not sure why you can't grasp it.

I grasp it, but I think it's absolutely pathetic

I'm ashamed to be part of the same species as you, to be quite frank. Go get some goddamned perspective ffs

"Let me criticize you for overreacting with this not-at-all-hyperbolic-and-ridiculous comment"

• Like 2

shame hes going but not that bothered about the quotes he said. Every footballer says it and i bet its more down to being pushed by the PR team more than what they believe. Also imagine he never would think a champs league-title winning side will come in for him

gl to him. hope he does well...but i doubt he will. Hes got a family to look after now...needs a promotion if he wants to support his new born kid

Edited by gharperr

Any single player at Villa - now or in the near future would kill there own gran to earn 100K a week and play Champion's League Football.

There is no loyalty in football, same with all clubs outside the Top 4

And if there was it wouldn't apply to a club that wins nothing and fights relegation every season.

Hopefully Sherwood will turn that around and make us a more desirable club to play for and join, but we are never going to be Top 4, that ship sailed when FFP came in.

I'm ashamed to be part of the same species as you, to be quite frank. Go get some goddamned perspective ffs

"Let me criticize you for overreacting with this not-at-all-hyperbolic-and-ridiculous comment"

It's not the initial overreaction, it's his DEFENCE of it. He thinks it's perfectly fine to call the guy scum, and he's defending the fact that he did so.

From starter and captain to bench warmer and liar.

Happy to get the money though and as people have said, a very replaceable player. Won't miss him, but will lose respect for him.

• Like 1

Mail article

"

Aston Villa captain Fabian Delph will complete his £8million move to Manchester City in the next 24 hours.

City are understood to have activated the release clause in the England midfielder's contract and personal terms have been agreed."

Happy to get the money though and as people have said, a very replaceable player. Won't miss him, but will lose respect for him.

You may have to change that avatar.

You're happy to call people on here idiots and defend Delph. Speaks volumes.

And you're happy to call a man you've never met "scum" for moving to a club in a deal that'll see him play at a level Villa cannot offer and set up his entire family for life. Quite frankly, I genuinely couldn't give a toss what you think about anything. You've shown your true colours in this thread and I'm ashamed to be part of the same species as you, to be quite frank. Go get some goddamned perspective ffs

To be honest you need to maybe stop staring at your delph poster and read peoples posts.  I even said in a previous post how I would have wished him the best had he gone about this in a different way.  You've missed the point so much now and keep posting the same thing I can only assume you've had a bad day and want to take it out on a people on here.  Stop moaning and crying about what you think you've read and take in the point that most are making.  No one, not one single person has moaned about delph moving to a better club.  Good over the top rant though, hope you feel better.

I feel sorry for his career tbh

Will be nothing but a bench warmer at City for the next 4 years then end up at some newly promoted/relegation threatened club at the end of his career

If only he asked Rodwell about his time at City

Edited by AshVilla

You may have to change that avatar.
Damn! Good point!

Well, now I hate the b#£tard. Making me do work.

You absolute liar Delph, lost so much respect for you, I could maybe understand if this was next summer but few months after?

It's only a lie if he didn't believe it, and I for one think he meant every word. How the hell does anyone turn down 25m over 4 years though?

I get your point but the math is all wrong, he wasn't playing at Villa for free.

Nothing wrong with the maths. If the reports are correct, he's been offered 25m over 4 years. What he earned at Villa has nothing to do with that at all. Do you honestly think any player of Fabian Delph's ability and history would be right in the head to turn down that kind of money to play for a club like Man City?

What he earned at Villa has nothing to to with it but what he would earn at villa during the same period of time does have something to do with it.

Edited by limvillian

You're happy to call people on here idiots and defend Delph. Speaks volumes.

And you're happy to call a man you've never met "scum" for moving to a club in a deal that'll see him play at a level Villa cannot offer and set up his entire family for life. Quite frankly, I genuinely couldn't give a toss what you think about anything. You've shown your true colours in this thread and I'm ashamed to be part of the same species as you, to be quite frank. Go get some goddamned perspective ffs

I'm 99.9% certain Delph has never and will never visit Villa Talk. And even if he had occasionally, he would never do so at a time like this.

So let people vent their anger on an Internet forum and stop comparing it to people going up to him and abusing him in the street.

That Mail article doesn't read like it's based on much at all except for Skybet and Richards' comments the other day. I still wouldn't be surprised if this all turned out to be a load of rubbish.

• Like 2

What he earned at Villa has nothing to to with it but what he would earn at villa during the same period of time does have something to do with it.

Which would be less than half, give or take, of what he's getting at City? If he spent the rest of his career at Villa he'd earn less than this 4 year deal is worth to him

Â