Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He's being called "scum" for essentially moving to a job with a bigger company for more money. I assume you've stuck with the paper round you got when you were 10 for your entire professional life?

Do you honestly think that the vitriol is because he's leaving for more wages?

And, if so, have you read ANY of the complaint comments in this thread?

You're either being obtuse, OR...

• Like 1

I guess we'll have to go for Pogba then

Imagine that? No no, neither can I!
It's okay, super Tim will turn Gary Gardner into a better Fabian Delph anyway.

Then Gardner can steal Delph's place in the England squad, while Delph plays a few cup games for Man City. All for £8m profit and wages that we can invest into another LB or striker.

B) b) B)

Found a flaw in your proposal rob. Gardner will then **** off.
That's okay, we'll sell him to Man City for £20m, we'll re-sign Delph for £2.5m and then Gardner will rot on their bench until he's ready to come back to us and start playing football again.

The world-a keeps on-a turning.

Easy business.

If he goes, he's worse than yorke, young, downing, milner and most others IMO.  None of them spouted the shit he did just months ago.  Absolute scum if he does leave.

I hope it doesn't go through but starting to fear the worst.

Except for the fact he could have walked out this summer, for nothing, got a huge signing on fee and a massive salary. You are exactly right.

No wonder players don't show loyalty anymore, it isn't appreciated. Fans are chumps.

At least doing it that way would have shown some honesty to the club and fans.  You really think we should appreciate him lying to us?

He only lied if, when saying all that, he was thinking "I'll be off in summer, these mugs will eat it up though"

Though you probably do believe that, since you've called him scum already in this thread. Tell you what, there's only one person I can see between you and him that even comes close to that kind of description, and it ain't the footballer

Why only sign a deal with this clause if he didn't think he would be off in the summer? Can you explain that one?

Because perhaps he fully expected to be saying around? 

If he'd left on a free i'd have wished him the best and said who could blame him.

If he'd signed the contract and been honest about ensuring the club got some money for him when he left in the summer i'd have wished him the best and said fair play.

But he didn't.

He's being called "scum" for essentially moving to a job with a bigger company for more money. I assume you've stuck with the paper round you got when you were 10 for your entire professional life?

The vitriol is because, seemingly, a lot of people on here are absolute idiots with no idea about perspective and seemingly incapable of rational thought

He's a man who kicks a football for a living. Calling him "scum" for moving to kick a football for another team is what I'd expect from a 10 year old

If he goes, he's worse than yorke, young, downing, milner and most others IMO.  None of them spouted the shit he did just months ago.  Absolute scum if he does leave.

Except for the fact he could have walked out this summer, for nothing, got a huge signing on fee and a massive salary. You are exactly right.

No wonder players don't show loyalty anymore, it isn't appreciated. Fans are chumps.

At least doing it that way would have shown some honesty to the club and fans.  You really think we should appreciate him lying to us?

He only lied if, when saying all that, he was thinking "I'll be off in summer, these mugs will eat it up though"

Though you probably do believe that, since you've called him scum already in this thread. Tell you what, there's only one person I can see between you and him that even comes close to that kind of description, and it ain't the footballer

Why only sign a deal with this clause if he didn't think he would be off in the summer? Can you explain that one?

Because perhaps he fully expected to be saying around? 

But only signed it with a low release clause in? Yeah that makes perfect sense. 

You're struggling to defend him in a logical way now.

The bloke is a judas clearing in the woods all about the £££ and no loyalty 

All those playing devils advocate have no ground to stand on

Edited by AshVilla

The vitriol is because, seemingly, a lot of people on here are absolute idiots with no idea about perspective and seemingly incapable of rational thought

He's a man who kicks a football for a living. Calling him "scum" for moving to kick a football for another team is what I'd expect from a 10 year old

Haha

You're happy to call people on here idiots and defend Delph. Speaks volumes.

Good luck , signing got us 8m most players wouldn't have give us , thanks.

As a player he's replaceable , looks pretty but no end product and tends to lose the ball much.

I do worry about the message it sends out to Benteke, he may now make a rash move in order to escape a perceived sinking ship, if he does then we are in deep shit .

Edited by tinker

You absolute liar Delph, lost so much respect for you, I could maybe understand if this was next summer but few months after?

Loyalty in football is dead.

It's only a lie if he didn't believe it, and I for one think he meant every word. How the hell does anyone turn down 25m over 4 years though?

I get your point but the math is all wrong, he wasn't playing at Villa for free.

Mate I am not saying i disagree about the scum comments that is wrong but he did lie he said he was here for the long run and leaves a few months later

With this small fee inserted makes us think he didnt want to re-sign and all that talk was garbage

If he didnt go on about all that this is my club and about loyalty people would not be so angry

• Like 1

I hate these comparisons about quitting jobs if you were offered more money

Villa pay Delph around £3.2m a year as a basic salary plus then bonuses on top, he's rich, incredibly rich, if he stayed here he'll have around £20m in his bank by the time he's 30

Bringing paper rounds in to the argument is pointless, what we all earn and do with our careers isn't comparable

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

Yeah, you've missed the point. Seriously, it's about the video and the quotes, that's the basis for the anger.

I mean, someone even posted an image explaining it, not sure why you can't grasp it.

• Like 1

What's pathetic about it? I can't think of a player who has made comments like he did and then left a few months later. You're scenario might be right, i doubt it though.  But even if it was, he didn't have to come out and say those things when he knew full well there was a low clause in the deal. Clearly he wasn't in it for the long run, if having that clause was the only way he was going to sign.  I think it's pretty pathetic to defend such actions when he's shown himself to be such a word removed towards the club.

I agree with you and the post you made a few pages back but I also think that the club was cheering him on with those quotes.

"-The fans and the club really need a lift in a difficult time Fabian" If you say this and that bla bla bla and we give them that lift.

To much conspiracy? I think its plausible. Not defending him so I don't need to clarify that again.

You're happy to call people on here idiots and defend Delph. Speaks volumes.

And you're happy to call a man you've never met "scum" for moving to a club in a deal that'll see him play at a level Villa cannot offer and set up his entire family for life. Quite frankly, I genuinely couldn't give a toss what you think about anything. You've shown your true colours in this thread and I'm ashamed to be part of the same species as you, to be quite frank. Go get some goddamned perspective ffs

Â