Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I think Fabian is quite talented and a good player, yet at the same time lacking end product and, yes, inconsistent. I think he could be even better in a better team, but I don't know if genuinly good teams really need a player like him. He is sometimes careless, dribbling away as last man, looks nice but if he gets caught, it's a goal. He's also not involved enough in the last third, I wish he'd do what he did against Liverpool more often. That goal was a beauty. My post doesn't seem to have a point, I blame Fabian for confusing me.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

Until it's confirmed that he's in talks with City or that he intends to leave, then it's not really worth getting angry about.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Moving forward we need to keep him, he's an important player for us especially seeing as he's just been made captain which has upped his game by 10% I think.

Important he stays as for a start our midfield was painfully one paced when he was injured for a few weeks last season.

• Like 1

How convenient that his wife is pregnant as he is about to move to Man City. He's been planning this move for 9 months. Judas

All that loyalty baloney, and he uses an unborn child as a guise...terrible.

I was waiting for some conspiracies to why he really hasnt gone.His wife is due with there baby hardly an excuse,he's going nowhere anyway he's happy at Villa & a loyal fella.

I'm very rarely ITK. The last time I was when CNZ was about to sign for us, and that was only 'cause I met him in a bar in Dubai a few days beforehand.

However, I have met with a certain Scottish RB who has said that he believes that Delph doesn't even have a decision to make at this point and, as far as hes aware, there is no release clause now that we have cemented our place in the PL. He also thinks that Delph is very settled with his family at Aston Villa and the midlands.

As I've said before, if a player of Delph's calibre was available for under £10m, we'd have bids from everyone from Arsenal to Bournemouth. I really think he'll be going nowhere this summer.

If I was pushed to comment on the press rubbish regarding the so called 'release clause', I'd say the clause was to protect Delph from the club hanging on to him in the Championship. As we are still in the Prem, the clause is irrelevant. Knowing how dodgy the UK press is, it doesn't surprise me that they still ran with the Delph leaving for a bargain headlines, even though it is more than likely to be absolute balls. As Stan correctly stated, if the clause was still applicable, most of the clubs in the Prem would be chancing their arm with offers to Fabian. Most of those clubs would be happy to leak their intent to the press knowing it might help with season ticket sales.

What the Scottish RB said makes sense to me.

• Like 1

I'm very rarely ITK. The last time I was when CNZ was about to sign for us, and that was only 'cause I met him in a bar in Dubai a few days beforehand.

However, I have met with a certain Scottish RB who has said that he believes that Delph doesn't even have a decision to make at this point and, as far as hes aware, there is no release clause now that we have cemented our place in the PL. He also thinks that Delph is very settled with his family at Aston Villa and the midlands.

As I've said before, if a player of Delph's calibre was available for under £10m, we'd have bids from everyone from Arsenal to Watford. I really think he'll be going nowhere this summer.

Steve Nichol doesn't know anything!

• Like 2

Did the Scottish RB say anything regarding his own situation?

More on-topic, I feel totally confident that Delph isn't leaving and have done for a while. Which is good, because he's a good player, even if not quite as good as some of his boosters on here make out. 

• Like 1

Not that I'm calling it true/untrue or anything, I just find it amazing that the papers seen to become more believable to people when they offer reassurances to villa fans.

Which paper(s) have said Delph is staying?

Not that I'm calling it true/untrue or anything, I just find it amazing that the papers seen to become more believable to people when they offer reassurances to villa fans.

No, just that he is having a baby. Nobody questions the truth in that.

If he does leave I think he's a useless selfish bastard and we can pick up players better than him down the labour exchange. Didn't expect any loyalty, didn't get any. 

If he stays, it will be the best news of the summer and prove critical to our pushing on and shows just what an excellent vibe is being built at this club that world class talent wants to stay and play for the badge.

I shall pop back to the thread in a few weeks and quote one of those two lines.

• Like 1

Probably because there's every reason to make stuff up about him leaving.

I don't really see any reason why they'd make up that his wife was having a baby.

Genuine question, what is it about Delph that you don't like? You quite obviously have a problem with him.

Edited by Stevo985

Probably because there's every reason to make stuff up about him leaving.

I don't really see any reason why they'd make up that his wife was having a baby.

Genuine question, what is it about Delph that you don't like? You quite obviously have a problem with him.

I don't have a problem with him. I just have never bought into the loyalty claims in January. Think he's our best player consistently and we'd struggle to replace him.

I'm unconvinced you have thought that through.

• Like 2

I hear he's adopting to keep his cover before his big move.

Look he may go at the end of the day.  I genuinely believe when he signed a new deal he wanted to do right by the club.  I hope he sticks to his word and stays for at least another year.  However, Man City can be very persuasive and difficult to turn down.

Â