Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Well he was obviously asked a question about fabian and he answered. That's pretty much a response for me.

Which has already been refuted by other posters in a way that is better than I can be arsed to give. He won't have met Fabian Delph, never mind talked to him about his future.

At this point Wilkins opinion on such things is worth piss all in a practical sense. That should be obvious?

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I'd say it's woath more than a conversation with some randomer on a night out.

This 'hasn't met the players' argument is really weak. The club's hierarchy will have a good idea.

Edited by Woodytom

Put it this way. I find it very hard to believe that ray Wilkins won't have spoken to somebody about possible ins/outs, players etc. Would be pretty piss poor from all parties. After all he's there to coach players.

When I used to dj at new venues I wouldn't rock up to my first gig blind on what I'd be dealing with in terms of venue/equipment/possible crowd.

Interestingly on SkyBet he's now favourite to stay at Villa at 1/2. 

I know that doesn't mean a lot but, something must have shifted the odds. 

EDIT: Beaten to it :)

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

Oh we do get ourselves in rather a pickle about nothing don't we.

Every transfer window even the January ones there's been at least one person convinced on here that Benteke was moving....he's still here so I'm pretty confident Delph will be here on September 1st.

Oh we do get ourselves in rather a pickle about nothing don't we.

Every transfer window even the January ones there's been at least one person convinced on here that Benteke was moving....he's still here so I'm pretty confident Delph will be here on September 1st.

What about the 2nd Sept when Arsenal's transfer window shuts ?

I know they are not very reliable but it's always worrying when these reports come up.

Delph to sign for Manchester City for 8m pounds

The 25-year-old will move to the Etihad Stadium on a long-term contract that will see his wages rise to £100,000-a-week, though he has only been assured of squad player status

288646_specials.jpgBy Paul Clennam     178001.jpg Follow Goal UK on Twitter
Manchester City are on the verge of making Aston Villa midfielder Fabian Delph their first major signing of the summer, Goal can confirm.

Delph will move to the Etihad Stadium in an £8 million deal and sign a long-term contract that will see his wages rise to £100,000-a-week as City continue their home-grown recruitment drive.

The England international understands he will be a squad player at City but has been assured he will be granted a similar level of first-team opportunities to what James Milner enjoyed in his five-year stint at the club.

Delph was set to be a free agent this summer before signing a new four-and-a-half-year contract at Villa in January, but the deal included an £8m release clause that City have wasted little time in activating.

Villa have already moved to replace the outgoing 25-year-old by signing Senegal international midfielder Idrissa Gueye for £9m from Lille.

But losing one of the emerging leaders of his squad will be a significant blow to boss Tim Sherwood, particularly given that captain Ron Vlaar is out of contract and actively considering offers from rival Premier League clubs as he weighs up his future.

Christian Benteke is also the subject of serious interest from Liverpool, though Goal understands the Merseysiders are unwilling to meet the £32.5m release clause that Villa are demanding be met if they are to part with their star striker.

City, meanwhile, hope the signing of Delph will prove just the start of a significant summer transfer spend as they pursue key targets Raheem Sterling and Paul Pogba to reignite their Premier League title aspirations.

Don't do it Fab !!!!

Goal:

Manchester City set to sign Delph for £8m

3 Jul 2015 09:30:00

The 25-year-old will move to the Etihad Stadium on a long-term contract that will see his wages rise to £100,000-a-week, though he has only been assured of squad player status

288646_specials.jpg By Paul Clennam     178001.jpg Follow Goal UK on Twitter
Manchester City are on the verge of making Aston Villa midfielder Fabian Delph their first major signing of the summer, Goal can confirm.

Delph will move to the Etihad Stadium in an £8 million deal and sign a long-term contract that will see his wages rise to £100,000-a-week as City continue their home-grown recruitment drive.

The England international understands he will be a squad player at City but has been assured he will be granted a similar level of first-team opportunities to what James Milner enjoyed in his five-year stint at the club.

Delph was set to be a free agent this summer before signing a new four-and-a-half-year contract at Villa in January, but the deal included an £8m release clause that City have wasted little time in activating.

Villa have already moved to replace the outgoing 25-year-old by signing Senegal international midfielder Idrissa Gueye for £9m from Lille.

But losing one of the emerging leaders of his squad will be a significant blow to boss Tim Sherwood, particularly given that captain Ron Vlaar is out of contract and actively considering offers from rival Premier League clubs as he weighs up his future.

Christian Benteke is also the subject of serious interest from Liverpool, though Goal understands the Merseysiders are unwilling to meet the £32.5m release clause that Villa are demanding be met if they are to part with their star striker.

City, meanwhile, hope the signing of Delph will prove just the start of a significant summer transfer spend as they pursue key targets Raheem Sterling and Paul Pogba to reignite their Premier League title aspirations.

Â