Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Sorry but his loyalty considering what he said would be " why do i need a release clause especialy one so cheap "

not " put a 10 mill release clause so every club in the league can afford me "

The only evidence this had happened is from James Nursey. The man who is insisted Westwood was out of favour and would be sold as soon as, whilst the lad was genuinely just injured. I think Westwood started every single game after that article came out.

Newspapers lie. They do it all the time. No point getting het up about it until something more substantial comes up.

good points.if i was to rely on paper talk being gospel then benteke n delph wont be here and we would pretty much have a team built from lower leagues and unable to compete at prem level

Sorry but his loyalty considering what he said would be " why do i need a release clause especialy one so cheap "

The only evidence this had happened is from James Nursey. The man who is insisted Westwood was out of favour and would be sold as soon as, whilst the lad was genuinely just injured. I think Westwood started every single game after that article came out.

Newspapers lie. They do it all the time. No point getting het up about it until something more substantial comes up.

good points.if i was to rely on paper talk being gospel then benteke n delph wont be here and we would pretty much have a team built from lower leagues and unable to compete at prem level

Indeed. 

It's an odd one. I'm personally not convinced either way that such a clause exists in the form it has been presented and even if so I would imagine it to be higher than £10m. I find it difficult to discuss something I don't actually believe to be true!

Indeed. 

It's an odd one. I'm personally not convinced either way that such a clause exists in the form it has been presented and even if so I would imagine it to be higher than £10m. I find it difficult to discuss something I don't actually believe to be true!

I think this is the key.

Id say there is a clause of some description, why else would he write the story. 

However I dont think its as cut and dried as a simple contractual activation clause, just cant see it from how he and the club acted. 

Id love to believe there are some players who do feel a sense of gratitude for being here, and repay faith shown in them, at their own expense.

• Like 1

Id love to believe there are some players who do feel a sense of gratitude for being here, and repay faith shown in them, at their own expense.

If the story is true, then didn't Delph do that by even agreeing to renew when he could've just left on a bosman and pocketed a huge signing-on fee, bigger wages etc.?

• Like 1

Didn't Liverpool have a clause for Suarez, which meant if a club offered £40 Million for him they'd have to inform him? I remember it caused confusion at the time as some reporters where adamant that he was available for that sum, yet it turned out that all it meant was that the club had to tell him, even if they rejected it.

Didn't Liverpool have a clause for Suarez, which meant if a club offered £40 Million for him they'd have to inform him? I remember it caused confusion at the time as some reporters where adamant that he was available for that sum, yet it turned out that all it meant was that the club had to tell him, even if they rejected it.

It was a pretty stupid clause really. It just meant there was a obligation to consider the offer or something along those lines. My understanding is if Arsenal made a sensible offer like 45M there would be scope for continued discussions. But because they offered a pound over 40M it just killed any chance of a deal.

It was a pretty stupid clause really. It just meant there was a obligation to consider the offer or something along those lines. My understanding is if Arsenal made a sensible offer like 45M there would be scope for continued discussions. But because they offered a pound over 40M it just killed any chance of a deal.

I remember it well, but it just goes to prove, not every clause with a financial value next to it means that a club have to sell. I really think it was just a clause in the event of relegation, and what Nursey reported was the product of Chinese Whispers.

I find it hard to believe Manchester United have approached him.

They don't need to fill the home grown rule, they have better players already and are also on the verge of signing Schneiderlin.

I'm also not sure he would turn down United if they came calling. City I can understand.

The clause only applies upon relegation. The mirror are correct in that there IS a clause in his contract but its no suprise that they havent painted the full picture.

Edit: I would love to be able to tell you how I know this but it could get someone in a lot of trouble and is one of the reasons I dont post on here as much as I would like.

Edited by DrUnKeNbUm
  • Like 3

The clause only applies upon relegation. The mirror are correct in that there IS a clause in his contract but its no suprise that they havent painted the full picture.

Edit: I would love to be able to tell you how I know this but it could get someone in a lot of trouble and is one of the reasons I dont post on here as much as I would like.

Good enough for me.i can stop worryin now [emoji4] thanks lol

That was my immediate inkling when I read it last night, clearly the most likely situation!

Â