Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Yep, thanks for that.

Sounds really promising, I was wondering if he'd be playing before the end of the season, if everything goes well, he'll be back hopefully maybe to appear in the Fa Cup 3rd round, if we get a fairly comfortable tie.

I think Houllier will really like him and so will we. So exciting.

Fabian Delph has been advised to slow down his training work - because Aston Villa’s medical staff feared he was recovering too quickly from major knee surgery.

The 18-year-old midfield starlet, who damaged cruciate ligaments in his left knee in a training accident in April, had got back into training a month ahead of schedule and was even doing some ball work.

But he has been warned not to put too much stress too quickly on the joint and to focus on his original target date for a return in January.

Delph, a £6million signing from Leeds 15 months ago, said: “Everything has been going really well and the physios, doctor and surgeon have been brilliant with me.

“I’m just looking forward to getting back on the pitch and playing again early in the New Year.”

http://tinyurl.com/2vlk6tc

18??? Kid is 20

Albrighton instead of Downing for me :)

seriously Denis?? I personally think Downing has been pretty good so far this season - certainly showing more than he did last year for sure!

For me personally, I really like when Downing is on the ball, he is so calm and don't give many passes away....Sure he gave one or two away in the first half of yesterdays match, but he doesn't panic when he is on the ball...He is doing a good job so far this season and I think he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Downing has been great so far this season. On topic - I think Young will benefit when Delph is back (if he plays) for one reason: I think the passing range Delph has is very similar in what we had with Barry and Young played some brilliant football with the early, first-time ball from Barry to the left-wing or in the free role.

• 1 month later...

Fabian Delph can ... and will in my humble opinion turn into our very own Michael Essien ! Not a defensive or attacking midfeilder ... just a damn good good midfielder at all roles and someone who will dominate opposition midfields.

Couple this with the return of Gary Gardner (the best young talent I've ever seen down at Villa in nigh on 30 years of watching the youth & reserve teams) and there is serious talent in abundance in the centre of the park !

Houllier ... or his successor (just wishful thinking) will have some serious headaches in terms of selection in the coming months.

I love a bit of Delph. There aren't many midfielders who can pass a ball, score goals, run with a ball, get round the pitch, tackle (well try too)...he can.

Without reading part about I love Delph, it looks like you described Paul Scholes. Hope Delph can become even half the player he was/is

really cant wait for delph to come back now!already getting excited about the prospect of him and ireland in the middle,albrighton on the right downing on the left ash young just sitting behind gabby,so much pace and young british talent!i no i will get slated for this cos petrov is our captain but delph is his natural replacement and has the ability to be an absolute monster if he comes back from his acl injury 100%

I didn't understand who would be the holding midfielder in your 4-2-3-1, or 4-4-1-1.

Â