Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

-------------Delph----Makoun

Albrighton---------------------Downing

-----------------Young

------------------Gabby

With the ability to bring in Bannan NRC Petrov and Ireland (if he sorts himself out) we could be beginning to have a nice squad developing come February (Makoun being a bit of a wishlist of mine) possibly Delph could replace Young in the hole if we sell Ash, i know its not a great source but Delph always plays fantastically for me in the hole on FM. Will be great to see how he develops

Both Delph and Gardner are going to need a lot of time to get themselves up to the standard we hope they can achieve. You only have to look at Downing's comeback last season and how he is a different player now with a pre-season under his belt. And that's for a seasoned Premier League player.

They will play bit-parts at best this season I would say and you would have to say barring another injury crisis they would find playing opportunities few and far between, in my view.

Both Delph and Gardner are going to need a lot of time to get themselves up to the standard we hope they can achieve. You only have to look at Downing's comeback last season and how he is a different player now with a pre-season under his belt. And that's for a seasoned Premier League player.

They will play bit-parts at best this season I would say and you would have to say barring another injury crisis they would find playing opportunities few and far between, in my view.

I would expect Delph to be back in and playing regularly this season. Gardner is younger and I would have less of an expectation here. I think he can be eased back in with reserve games followed by cameos/sub appearances etc..

There are a number of potential reasons DJ didn't settle immediately - new club (after all his life at one club) as for Stan when he arrived, playing right midfield when he is predominantly left footed.

Both look very exciting and I am hoping a front 6 of:

--------------- Makoun/M'Vila ------------------

-------------------------------- Delph/DJ -------

Albrighton ------------------------------ DJ/Ash

--------------- Gardner -------------------------

------------------- Gabby -----------------------

Will be the bedrock of a very exciting team for a few years to come.

He will be like a new signing for us when he comes back, Shouldn't be too long now, January was the target date but perhaps Feb/March is when we will see him in action again.

I think we can pretty much write this season off, next season will be his proper comeback. Such a shame him getting injured...he is just what we need at the moment and he would undoubtedly be the first name down on the teamsheet.

Cant wait to have him back :notworthy:

i think people are putting far too much pressure on him and Double G

they will probably be great players but they wont walk in straight away in the side and solve our current problems. double GG i have seen nothing of and people are hyping like the new gerrard/lampard!! lets give them a few games in competiive matches before thsoe comparisons take place!

This always happens when players are out injured (or in Gardner's case never have played)

They get built up into something they arent (yet!) by people

Both a good young players. But neither are 'amazing' from what i've seen

might hobble in at present.

but i'd rather not see that!

I agree with Ponky tbh, even if they're back to fitness in the next 6-8 weeks, Gardner has to perform for the reserves along with Delph tbh and wait for a chance, which, there may be few of, if NRC and Petrov are back, even assuming Sidwell for one is binned, Hogg and Bannan have got that bit of current match experience with the side as yet, so it'll be contigent on us doing well enough to afford them sub time.

Yeah thats just what Fab needs, more time sat on his arse warming the bench up.

Lets get him in the team ffs!! (when fit obviously)

We didnt pay 7m for one of the brightest talents in English football to have him sat on the bench. I hope Houllier is different from MoN in that sense.

This always happens when players are out injured (or in Gardner's case never have played)

They get built up into something they arent (yet!) by people

Both a good young players. But neither are 'amazing' from what i've seen

i agree with this. Recent examples of NRC , Luke Young and Cuellar proves a point.

Yeah thats just what Fab needs, more time sat on his arse warming the bench up.

Lets get him in the team ffs!! (when fit obviously)

We didnt pay 7m for one of the brightest talents in English football to have him sat on the bench. I hope Houllier is different from MoN in that sense.

While i agree that he needs to play, I also think that after a major injury its important we dont put too much pressure on him and let him regain some confidence before he starts playing for the main team.

Anything we get from him this season will be treated as a bonus by me, and then next season i am hoping he can become an ever present in the team.

Just because people have a **** opinion doesn't mean someone somehow gets better when they don't play.

Carlos Cuellar - Rate him very highly as a CB, average RB......so when he's not in the team and the clowns Dunne and Collins are in the team in front of him, then you ask why he isn't playing and he's also proven he is a top CB.

Fabien Delph - I've said since the first day I watched this kid play against Fiorentina, I thought he was a special talent, I've said it his entire **** time here. Just because he's injured, somehow doesn't mean now I think more of him, some of us just happen to believe he's a special player for a while.

Luke Young - He was one of our best and most consistant players in 08/09, he even got a call up from Capello and rejected it. Everyone said how good he was. He then played about 13 games in 09/10 season and apart from one game against Chelsea, he was excellent. We had Cuellar at right back and then we had Luke Young who had rarely put a foot wrong for this club on the bench who was a natural right back. Luke Young even this season, apart from a dodgy couple of weeks around the Arsenal game has for most of the season been pretty solid and provided good threat going forward. No one said he was **** world class, just said he should be playing, which he should of been.

Reo-Coker - rated him since he was at the club, always thought he had a positive effect on the team and wanted him in the team, I also think he's shown why he should of been playing more games at times.

Just because people on this site can hold opinions, doesn't somehow mean players somehow get better while they're injured like people make out.

Again Fabien Delph.....

August 09 "He's a special player" .......response "fair enough, I'm not convinced"

December "He's a special player".........response.."people over-rating him again just cause he hasn't played"

Feck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because people have a **** opinion doesn't mean someone somehow gets better when they don't play.

Carlos Cuellar - Rate him very highly as a CB, average RB......so when he's not in the team and the clowns Dunne and Collins are in the team in front of him, then you ask why he isn't playing and he's also proven he is a top CB.

Fabien Delph - I've said since the first day I watched this kid play against Fiorentina, I thought he was a special talent, I've said it his entire **** time here. Just because he's injured, somehow doesn't mean now I think more of him, some of us just happen to believe he's a special player for a while.

Luke Young - He was one of our best and most consistant players in 08/09, he even got a call up from Capello and rejected it. Everyone said how good he was. He then played about 13 games in 09/10 season and apart from one game against Chelsea, he was excellent. We had Cuellar at right back and then we had Luke Young who had rarely put a foot wrong for this club on the bench who was a natural right back. Luke Young even this season, apart from a dodgy couple of weeks around the Arsenal game has for most of the season been pretty solid and provided good threat going forward. No one said he was **** world class, just said he should be playing, which he should have been.

Reo-Coker - rated him since he was at the club, always thought he had a positive effect on the team and wanted him in the team, I also think he's shown why he should have been playing more games at times.

Just because people on this site can hold opinions, doesn't somehow mean players somehow get better while they're injured like people make out.

Again Fabien Delph.....

August 09 "He's a special player" .......response "fair enough, I'm not convinced"

December "He's a special player".........response.."people over-rating him again just cause he hasn't played"

Feck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Fabian.

8)

For what it's worth, I agree. He could do with a bit of Premier League experience this season.

Luke Young - He was one of our best and most consistant players in 08/09, he even got a call up from Capello and rejected it. Everyone said how good he was. He then played about 13 games in 09/10 season and apart from one game against Chelsea, he was excellent. We had Cuellar at right back and then we had Luke Young who had rarely put a foot wrong for this club on the bench who was a natural right back. Luke Young even this season, apart from a dodgy couple of weeks around the Arsenal game has for most of the season been pretty solid and provided good threat going forward. No one said he was **** world class, just said he should be playing, which he should have been.

Reo-Coker - rated him since he was at the club, always thought he had a positive effect on the team and wanted him in the team, I also think he's shown why he should have been playing more games at times.

Again Fabien Delph.....

Feck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Fabian.

8)

For what it's worth, I agree. He could do with a bit of Premier League experience this season.

Bastard! actually pleased you told me though, I've always pronounced it with the E like "fab-e-an"....rather than I suppose properly like "fab-i-an"...whoooops!

Â