Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Because I am led to believe that the injury is that serious.

EDIT : Put it this way - if a player is looking to be back around March - and a player is going to be optimistic about these things - it's not a huge stretch to say that he may very well not make it for March and you're near season's end at that point anyway

He's expected to start training around November from what I'd heard, and so far everything is going fine, that said though I'm not expecting him to feature in anything more than a few reserve games sadly

So 9 months will take him to January. Then he has to get match fit and sharp and get game time. As I said I don't think we will see him in the first team squad before March.

Its easy to put standard time frames on injuries but there can and often are complications and set backs.

Look at Bouma, how long did they say he would be out for? I think they said a similar amount of time and he was gone a lot longer, you simply can't say its X injury so it will be Y months.

Oh yes mate without question you are right there age is a factor and there is 10 years between Bouma and Delph.

Just saying that because they said 8 months doesn't mean it will be 8 months and just because at this stage he is ahead of schedule doesn't mean he will remain there.

Its a nasty nasty injury that the lad has had and it can't be rushed. Whenever he comes back I just hope its not had a lasting effect on him because it has with other players.

Its a big loss out of our CM though at the same time as losing Jimmy.

I don't see Ireland replacing them, I see him more as competing with Ash/Carew for the place of Gabby.

I think we need to bring in a fourth CM'er, alongside Stan, NRC and the injured Delph. I am still hoping that we will be able to offload Sidwell .... and Heskey for that matter.

Well there are plenty that do and plenty that don't especially with the ACL, Arteta was out with the same injury from Feb 09 until Jan 10 and so far has looked much the same player he was prior to his injury but it shows you that the 8 month guide is just a guide.

If a player is out so long they usually dont come back the same type of player like Eduardo even though it was different type of injury

I think if he was injured in a match like Eduardo was it would be the case with Delph, but it was a training injury and as long as he is ok physically I think mentally he will be fine.

If a player is out so long they usually dont come back the same type of player like Eduardo even though it was different type of injury

I think if he was injured in a match like Eduardo was it would be the case with Delph, but it was a training injury and as long as he is ok physically I think mentally he will be fine.

You can't compare it at all to Eduardo, his leg was pretty well snapped in two! No surprise if the poor guy isn't quite the same after this:

eduardo-da-silva-arsenal-birmingham-injury-6.jpg

I should think Delph will be absolutely fine, barring any unforseen complications.

Get well sonn Fabian. Shame really, I was hoping to see him fill Milner's role.

Hopefukky Sidwell, Beye, Heskey, Osbourne out

3 in in those positions, one a young chap.

Â