Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

There was rumours going around that he has/had an attitude problem.. idk if its true or not.

How many times to do we hear this "attitude" crap, when players struggle to get a game?

We have to remmember that the kid is still a kid, and will have dips in his development. Its more a mental thing than anything, and this comes down to desire.

I think its to early to write him off yet, because he may still turn out to be very good. Likewise, he could turn out to be another Luke Moore. Its up to him, and how much he really wants it.

There was rumours going around that he has/had an attitude problem.. idk if its true or not.

How many times to do we hear this "attitude" crap, when players struggle to get a game?

We have to remmember that the kid is still a kid, and will have dips in his development. Its more a mental thing than anything, and this comes down to desire.

I think its to early to write him off yet, because he may still turn out to be very good. Likewise, he could turn out to be another Luke Moore. Its up to him, and how much he really wants it.

Yeah i totally agree with you... but it doesn't really help when he doesn't get any games that's why i suggested he should go loan or somehow get more games, Fonz is the type of lad that needs games imo.

I think its to early to write him off yet, because he may still turn out to be very good. Likewise, he could turn out to be another Luke Moore. Its up to him, and how much he really wants it.[/quote]

So it is an attitude thing then?

I think its to early to write him off yet, because he may still turn out to be very good. Likewise, he could turn out to be another Luke Moore. Its up to him, and how much he really wants it.[/quote]

So it is an attitude thing then?

Youve got me :lol:

I thought about changing that line when i wrote it. The way i take it when someone mentions an "attitude problem" is the player walks around thinking he is the big i am, and sulks when he does not get what he wants.

True. I just think that against Chelsea atleast, we're going to need someone big and strong to lump it to when the ball is cleared from the defense. A big game might be just what Carew needs to get himself back into form, should Heskey be unavailable.

We have had a few strikers come into the side with an attitude problem and we have seen what has happened there.

It is obvious Fonz has talent as he has shown in the glimpses for Villa and Under 21's maybe they are trying to knock the attitude out of him before he becomes first team unlike the others.

There's nothing wrong with thinking your a good player. Most good player have high opinions of them selves on the pitch. But the real difference is their attitude toward developing as a player, look at someone like Gabby, who isn't blessed with amazing skills, his main attribute was blistering pace, but he's trained hard and have developed lots as a player in the last 3 or so seasons... Delfouneso perhaps needs to prove he's worth a chance by getting his head down, but then he also needs to be given a chance when he's done well.... He did phenominally well in the reserves for MoN but MoN just refused to give him that little bit of pitch time to keep him moving in the right direction. Of course a player will get fustrated and demorlised when he see's out of form players like Carew and Heskey coming on ahead of him when he's done nothing but score goals when he's played in the reserves, international level and in hios few appearances for the first team...

i think fonz need games, leeds or QPR, cadriff (club with creative midfield) will help pump his confidence, or simply our system. maybe send him spain or france, germany, italy high level (low or medium table club) maybe make learn new skill and challenges.

or...

we need bring veteran striker to mentor him to point out, any GH who know he know...

True. I just think that against Chelsea atleast, we're going to need someone big and strong to lump it to when the ball is cleared from the defense. A big game might be just what Carew needs to get himself back into form, should Heskey be unavailable.
Can't see Heskey being out for 2 weeks with a dead leg.

Fonz has shown fantastic ability at times but the last few games I've seen him he's had the touch of a rapist. I really think he could come on to become the complete forward as he has everything in his locker. I remember someone posting that MON's plan was Agbonlahor in a target man role and the Fonz in and around him; I hope we get to see that at some point.

MON was probably the only one who probably believed in him imo, He had games under MON he hasn't played since the closed door friendly against birmingham i think ... KMac didn't choose him for whatever reason, Houllier for Fonz is his career make or break can go either way.

Â