Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

dude, apparently Delfouneso's attitude has been called in to question of late, he's gewtting a bit to big for his boots.

I think when MoN left and given the general concensus that Heskey was rubbish, Gabby was injured and Carew was off he thought he would get some games early in the season. He was on the bench for the first game, but he didn't get on, from then onwards Wiemann started getting on the bench, who has since been unluckily injured as when I've seen him his movement is terrific and playing ahead of Young could cause huge problems. Why do we needs a "BIG LUMP" if we're going to try and play proper football?

Delfouneso has everything, but he isn;t an outstanding player yet, patience young man, learn from you fellow pro's and when you get your chance take it... as Albrighton has.

The Fonz is Alive! :

Delfouneso hoping for third successive summer of England duty.

England hitman Nathan Delfouneso is hoping he can be involved at the top end of international football for the third successive summer by helping the Under-21s to the European Championship Finals in Denmark.

The Aston Villa striker featured for the U19s in their Euro Finals in Ukraine last year, where he landed the Golden Boot award, and then again in France in July but he is now focusing on helping the Under-21s qualify for their Finals next June.

Stuart Pearce’s side take on Romania in Norwich on Friday in the play-offs knowing that victory over two legs will be enough to see them into the last eight. After a thrilling finish to the group stages last month, which took in back-to-back wins against Portugal and Lithuania, Delfouneso is hoping that their form can be taken on into these games.

“The boys did very well as a group last time around,” said the 19-year-old.

“We had to win both games and we went to Portugal, who are one of the best teams in the world, never mind Europe and won. That was a great result for us and that set us up for the Lithuania game.

“That game was a bit tricky at first, but the boys kept going and put a performance on and it was a great result.

“We were all very grateful and happy to have gone through the group stages.”

Now they face the Romanians, with home advantage at a sold-out Carrow Road on Friday before the return leg in Botosani next Tuesday.

It will be a trip into the unknown for Delfouneso too, as he revealed he has yet to come up against the Romanians in nearly 40 appearances for various England teams over the years.

“I’ve never played against them, so I’m unsure what to expect,” he admitted.

“They’ll be very keen and hungry and they must be a good side to get this far in the competition.

“It will be a tough game for us, but the boys are looking forward to it and hopefully we can come away with the right outcome and set ourselves up for the summer.”

http://tinyurl.com/34swrzy

dude, apparently Delfouneso's attitude has been called in to question of late, he's gewtting a bit to big for his boots.

I think when MoN left and given the general concensus that Heskey was rubbish, Gabby was injured and Carew was off he thought he would get some games early in the season. He was on the bench for the first game, but he didn't get on, from then onwards Wiemann started getting on the bench, who has since been unluckily injured as when I've seen him his movement is terrific and playing ahead of Young could cause huge problems. Why do we needs a "BIG LUMP" if we're going to try and play proper football?

Delfouneso has everything, but he isn;t an outstanding player yet, patience young man, learn from you fellow pro's and when you get your chance take it... as Albrighton has.

He didnt even make the bench for the first game IIRC, with K-mac opting to give Weimann the chance (who did indeed get a few minutes at the end).

• 3 weeks later...

Not on the bench today. Have to say given that Gabby is out, Carew is totally out of sorts and playing crap then I'd have liked to have seen this lad given some game time.

Thought he would really push on this season. Still time of course but not the best of starts to the season for the lad.

Lets hope its better than some of those greats GH signed at liverpool; EHD, Titi Camara, Eric Meijer, Sjouland, Cisse, Le Tallec, Sinama-Pongolle and Baros.

:eek: Lets hope he has learned from his mistakes. Certainly enough of them.

Didn't someone say they were more atfer his heart attack, or is that just been nice too him.

Yes they did, I read an article a reporter did and he said that most of his bad signing were after he had the heart op...The reporter went on to say something like he wasn't the same person after the op and that would explain his poor signing.

Some people who know him the best have said he is back to the way he was before his op.

So hopefully he will have an eye for talent like before his op also.

Â