Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

I really hope he changes his attitude and tries hard to break into the first team. I remember watching him last year in sub appearances and reserve games and he does look special when he gets on the ball.

He doesn't have blinding pace like Gabby but he has the acceleration to burst him forward a few yards whilst controlling the ball.

Maybe the Holte should stop chanting "We want Delfouneso on" ? :winkold:

I hate reading this :(

I had very high hopes for Delfouneso and thought he'd partner Gabby regularly this season. He's definitely good enough IMO.

Sounds like another wasted talent at Villa :(

I suppose you could add Forrester, Whittingham, Moore brothers, and Cahill to the list, although the circumstances regarding Cahill is very different.

I just don't get it with Delfouneso. He has scored a few goals but everytime I think he may have turned a corner I see him again and he looks poor. Like Sunderland at home last year (I think) when he came on. Just out of his depth.

Albrighton and Clark (Newcastle debacle aside and lets face it, everyone was shite) have shown consistent flashes of what they can do, Delfouneso hasn't yet for me.

I'm not righting him off just yet.

Remember he has a good goalscoring record in the cups, scored twice in europe and also in the FA cup so no mean feat for a then 18 year old.

Show at least be given the opportunity in the prem to see if he can sink or swim which I think GH will do.

he at least ran at people and pulled players across, wasnt sure about him playing right wing

looks to me like he needs games and confidence, gabby doesnt look fit and i cant see it being carew and heskey up front so if GH wants to play 2 up front he might get a start on sunday

Players like Albrighton and Bannan are aware that unless they bust a gut every time they get the opportunity there might not be a next time.

Delfouneso has been told how good he is too many times, and recently he's looked as if he seems to think erroneously that his reputation will get him to where he wants to go.

Hopefully he will now look at MA and BB and realise that if you want it, you've got to be prepared to die for it.

I thought he was fairly decent tonight.

Only saw the second half, but apart from the pass to Young, didn't really think he did anything worthwhile.

I'm not his biggest fan but he got the ball a few times and ran at the backline even if he ran out of ideas at times. Think it helped that he was told where he was playing rather than that nonsense with him/Gabby first half.

Live blog on the Birmingham mail site today. Question to Matt Kendrick:

Is everything alright with Delfouneso? I know he played last night but he hasn't been around the squad or looking that sharp since the end of last season.

Kendrick's answer:

I think Delfouneso is fine. I just think Kev Mac felt that Weimann deserved the nod over him at the start of the season before his injury. I think Delfouneso will get just as much of a chance as every other player under GH. I've heard rumours about him having a bit of an attitude but I don't believe it and have always found him to be a courteous, polite and grounded lad when I've chatted to him

That system reminded of the one MON used when he arrived, playing Luke Moore on the left of a forward 4-3-3 line. Moore clearly was not enamoured with this but he did OK until he was injured. Today's player has to be adaptable across the front line.

I'm pretty sure Houllier will tweak the formation as we often look light in midfield. Someone will loose out and players will have to be able to make the most of whatever chances they get.

Â