Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

Whilst ireland didn't do well I'm more worried and concerned about Fonz..

seems like whatever his trying isn't working...KMac and Houllier not using him...must be a reason.

He must start to think about his future now, perhaps there's still a chance for him but its looking unlikely now imo.

• 2 weeks later...

From Sky Sports:

Houllier confirmed that Delfouneso will make his first Premier League start after 14 appearances as a substitute during the past three seasons.

"It is an ideal opportunity for the young Nathan to step up. He will definitely be the main striker," concluded Houllier.

Come on Nathan. You've got everything, pace, power, left foot, right foot, quick feet, good in the air- time to prove you can do it in the Premiership. This is where you first made the bench for the first team- make it the place where you score your first senior league goal.

Come on Nathan. You've got everything, pace, power, left foot, right foot, quick feet, good in the air- time to prove you can do it in the Premiership. This is where you made you first made the bench for the first team- make it your first senior league goal.

Cracking memory there.

EDIT: (On the one hand)

Come on Nathan. You've got everything, pace, power, left foot, right foot, quick feet, good in the air- time to prove you can do it in the Premiership. This is where you first made the bench for the first team- make it the place where you score your first senior league goal.

Didn't he bag one against Portsmouth last year?

"It will be an opportunity for young Nathan to step up. Definitely Nathan will be the striker.

"Young players don't stay young all their life. At some stage they will grow and get mature but the career usually starts when there is an opportunity.

"I would say the reason 80 or 90 per cent of the players arrive on the big scene is because they started when there was an opening.

"I know that Nathan is not a newcomer because he has played under Martin - he knows the Premier League.

"To him, maybe it's an ideal opportunity to put his footprint on it."

Â