Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

Has anyone else noticed when he has done interviews for AVTV in the past, when ever he answers a question he can never look at the camera for more than 3 seconds. He is constantly looking upwards, to the left & right and downwards. A tell tale sign of a shy person. 

Here's two examples:

It's a sign of arrogance

Tony Pullis does it too

I never looked directly into the camera when I was interviewed by STV a couple of years ago.

Watch any news broadcast and see how many people look directly at the camera...

He's following his media training to "not look at the camera", he's just not looking at the interviewer which would have been the second bit of advice.

In these examples definitely not a sign of arrogance, more sheer panic. Its like part of his brain is repeating to him - Don't look in the camera, Don't look in the camera and that over rides the stay focused on the interviewer advice

If Tony Pullis does exactly that, he's shy (he doesn't)

Wonder whether he'll be part of Lambert's squad next season. Be worth giving him pre-season to show what he can do. 

I hope so, he is extremely fast. Surely he is a better option than Bowery.

You don't look at the camera but you keep eye contact with the interviewer .

Anything else shows a personality disorder.

This is possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever read, anywhere, in the history of the written word.

• Like 2

Lambert always maintains eye contact with the interviewer which shows he's being genuine. Occasionally he scratches his head or face when interviewed which shows he's feeling slightly uncomfortable with the line of questioning.

Watch Fergie too. He always keeps eye contact on the interviewer.

There's no fire in his belly, I wanna see passion and determination, an unwavering desire to win like Weimann has. He looks like he's not really bothered, whether it's a confidence thing or an attitude thing I don't know.

*N'Zogbia is the same, but he can turn a player and smash it into the top corner in a moment and so forgive it for a while.

Edited by Kingfisher

Lambert always maintains eye contact with the interviewer which shows he's being genuine. Occasionally he scratches his head or face when interviewed which shows he's feeling slightly uncomfortable with the line of questioning.

Watch Fergie too. He always keeps eye contact on the interviewer.

You're comparing people who have years and years of experience under the spotlight or in leadership positions to a 22 year old.

hes clearly performing at his level, and will never perform here, hes out of his depth (like most of academy kids) sell him to blackpool if theyre willing to keep him, £1m seems reasonable

According to Wikipedia (so not sure how true it is) he has scored only 7 goals for Blackpool this year? I cant see him making it at Villa now. I believe he has a year left on his contract, so time to sell. If we can get a million for him, it will help pay towards the youth set.I would wish him well for the future, but I cant see his future at Villa.

what worries me is that after a decent start at Blackpool he barely started, if he can't do well at Championship level then...... hard to see him doing well for us.

Only exception to that rule is Weimann, who i believe had some pretty average loan spells.

• 2 months later...
Â